WoldianGames Homepage WoldianGames Homepage
WoldianGames Homepage
  LOG ON

Keepers of the Vale

If you don't see new turns, Reload the page here

View Preference
30 Days2 Weeks1 Week2 Days

Shepherd Baslim (Tanner) HP 143 -- AC 14/10/14 -- F+17 R+9 W+23 -- CMD 16 
Sunday September 17th, 2017 11:52:11 PM

Baslim is happy to contribute 300 gold pieces. "Here you go! Let's make this a party to remember."

DM Mark - Pitchfork 
Monday September 18th, 2017 12:07:21 AM

Emrys takes the initiative, loads up a chest with 2,000 GP for the party, and has Angus carry it. Lord Hmitri is impressed, but all business. He has Angus place it in his house and starts peppering poor Emrys with many questions regarding food, ale,ale, wine, seating, beer, serving, ale, timing, beer, speeches, etc.

Brom heads over to the Blackhammer Smithy. He steps in to see the minotaur Palonia hard at work. She glances up at Brom. “Ah’ll be with you in a moment.” She sets her work aside, rather careful how she places the work and her tools. “Well, Mr. Brom. How can I be of service today?” Brom teller her about his armor, and she says she can work on it that evening. An adolescent minotaur rushes in, stops and stares at Brom with some wonder. “Do ... do you know the mighty Barratore?” he asks.

Meanwhile, over at Meena’s house…. Edson stays Barratore’s hand, though the minotaur had no intent of drawing his weapon.. He does shoot a toothy grin at the pale Meena, and to his surprise she becomes even more pale. Edson give the girl an excuse, and her mother say, “So that’s where that cat came from. Well, now I know why you were keeping such a careful eye on it. Well Meena - don’t just stand there, go get their cat.” By contrast to Meena’s pale color, Dalia is turning red. One look at the minotaur, and her mouth becomes a flat line and she stomps off. While Meena fetches the cat, her mother says, “Oh, she fussed over that cat so much, never let it leave the house.” The girl is back with Valdor the Kitten and it is returned to Edson.

Velarin offers his share, and Brom corrects his math. Velarin eyes the barbarian, and blames it on his new headband. Baslim too offers his share.

(I’ll let you guys work out how you want to deal with/reconcile payment.)

The next day, the members of the PItchfork Council have arrived. Though they have travelled far, they are anxious to meet with the heroes. Each ntroduces themselves.
“I am Lord Hmitri, and I represent the Hamanas of Cinnamon Valley. I am known to you, so I will let the others introduce themselves.” He is a well dressed human.
An old human woman steps forward. She looks frail, but you know appearances can be deceiving. “I and Dulcet, and I too am known to you. I represent the witches in the Cinnamon Valley. I had the pleasure of being escorted here by Lanliss of your group, so I know what occurred from his perspective. I look forward to hearing more. But wait, there is one of you missing”
A plainly dressed half-elf is next. “I am Thelonius Bedstraw of the Hill People. You may have heard of my aid Lothar, but he was not able to be here today.”

Finally, a plump, grandmotherly halfling speaks. “I am Simmay Swanfeathers. I represent both Druids and the Village of Merrydale. I have something of your heard of your accomplishments I look forward to hearing more.”
All are seated at a large round table. Lord Hmitri says, please tell of the assmbled what happened and how you came to be flying out of the volcano Glitterox.”


Brom the Barbarian - Rich P; AC: 26 (T 14, FF 26, Raged 24), CMD: 35 (38 Raged); HP: 165 (207 raged); DR 3/- (6/- raged)  d20+1=7 ; d20+1=20 ;
Monday September 18th, 2017 11:47:13 AM

"Thanks." He says to Palonia. He looks at the young minotaur. "I do know Barratore." He says purposefully leaving out the mighty. "Would you like to hear a tale of the glory and valor of Barratore?" He ask knowing full well the boy would.

Brom begins to tell a story of the battle with the Shadow Lord, but it doesn't seem to sound right since he didn't see much of Barratore's fight. "Hold on," He says looking off in an attempt to come up with a better story. "Ok, I think I have a better one." And he begins to tell the story of fight he and Barratore had with the hellhounds so long ago when they were still green. Telling the child of the heroic battle with fierce enemies of the minotaurs. All the while trying to make Barratore's battle prowess larger than life in the boys mind and also not minimizing his own skills.

At the pitchfork council, Brom is polite, but leaves the talking to the talkers. If asked specific questions he will answer as straightforward as he can, very directly.

Performance DC 7 for the Shadow Lord battle and DC20 for the hellhound battle.

Lanliss Drakeguard (Michael A) HP69/98 AC:26 touch:19 flat:18 cmd:28  d20=4 ;
Monday September 18th, 2017 4:31:16 PM

Lanliss tries to describe what he think he heard While the fight commenced (referring to Brom description)

AID another 4

Velarin Xilontheel(Chris J), AC 17(FF 14), hp 80/80, extended mage armor(24 hrs) 
Monday September 18th, 2017 7:29:34 PM

V holds back at the request of the telling of the tale of the battle, planning on someone with some skill at words and diplomacy taking the lead.

Brom the Barbarian - Rich P; AC: 26 (T 14, FF 26, Raged 24), CMD: 35 (38 Raged); HP: 165 (207 raged); DR 3/- (6/- raged) 
Monday September 18th, 2017 8:08:56 PM

ooc: Brom was telling the story to the minotaur boy not the council.

Barratore Steelwind (Dan K) AC: 34 (T 14 FF 26), CMD:35; HP: 178/178 Character Sheet 
Monday September 18th, 2017 9:04:34 PM

Barratore looks after the girl as she storms off, odd reaction. He then pays it no heed. He thanks Meena for taking such good care of Valdor and then thanks the mother and leaves.

Barratore attends the council meeting in full armor and weapons. His Champion WLA pendant clearly visible on a chain about his neck. Having told the story once and seeing no one else wanting to talk, Barratore steps forth and tells the tale of the the path cut into the land of shadow by the good Dulcet and her coven. The group then fought past the shadow land guardians and found themselves on what V and Emrys described an an alternate plane. The group met with natives of this land and learned of a common danger that they and the good Wold faced, a Shadow Lord. The Keepers of the Vale met this monster in a great chamber and did battle. Barratore is bad with names though and looks to one of the others to recall the names they heard just before entering the cavern.
Barratore concludes with as the Shadow Lord fell to the Keepers, The Shadow Glitterox erupted and hurled the Keepers home

Edson Kazil - Shawn R; AC: 28 (T 21, FF 20), CMD: 24 HP: 25/65  
Monday September 18th, 2017 11:07:31 PM

Edson sits back quietly and lets Barratore tell the story. every once in a while he'll catch someone's attention and motion to Barratore, or add a " wait for this"... helping build up Barratores story.

Shepherd Baslim (Tanner) HP 143 -- AC 14/10/14 -- F+17 R+9 W+23 -- CMD 16 
Monday September 18th, 2017 11:44:04 PM

Baslim looks at Emrys. "Master Bard? Any embellishments on Barratore's retelling?"

DM Mark - Pitchfork 
Tuesday September 19th, 2017 12:21:19 AM

Barratore watches the unpleasant Dalia stomp off in anger. He thanks Meena for taking care of their cat. Then he and Edson take the cat back home.

Brom indulges the adolescent minotaur in tales about Barratore, and he drops off his armor with the boy’s mother.

The next day the Keepers head over to Strong Wind Castle, the residence of Lord Hmitri, to their meeting with the Pitchfork Council. Barratore makes sure to wear his full combat gear and prominently display his WLA badge. He notices that Lord Hmitri has one as well.

Sense Motive DC 25:Highlight to display spoiler: {You sense a mixture of fear and admiration from these powerful folk, towards both the figure that Barratore presents in this room, and toward the growing power of all the keepers.}

Barratore launches into their tale from reaching the Shadow Lands to their return to the Cinnamon Valley. Lanliss adds to the tale, as do some of the others as it is told. The members of the Pitchfork Council ask a number of questions.

Thelonius Bedstraw and Simmay Swanfeathers have the most questions.

Thelonius asks, “What threat did this Shadow Lord pose to the Cinnamon Valley? What of the dragon? A few of my people say a dragon in sky, though I must confess I did not see this. What do you know of the dragon?” Indeed, none of the four council members actually saw a dragon.

Simmay asks, “What of the large, grey stones that seem to evaporate in the light? There were reports of such down in Merrydale. Do you know what they were?”


Emrys Myrridanmyl, stephen f. ac16 hp 42/57. ritual: ward, windwalk 
Tuesday September 19th, 2017 12:58:18 PM

Emrys does his best to answer Lord Hmitri's questions. He makes the best decisions he thinks are best and takes suggestions from the organizers and Lord Hmitri himself. He won't commit any of the other Keepers to any specific speaking engagements or presentations until he has had the chance to discuss it with them.

"Please give me a list or number of speeches you'd like to have. I will discuss these engagements with the rest of my fellowship and return to you with an answer promptly."

Emrys Myrridanmyl, stephen f. ac16 hp 42/57. ritual: ward, windwalk 
Tuesday September 19th, 2017 1:56:10 PM

(My above post was meant for the first half of Monday's post.)

Lanliss Drakeguard (Michael A) HP69/98 AC:26 touch:19 flat:18 cmd:28 
Tuesday September 19th, 2017 4:20:30 PM

Lanliss looks at his fellows comrades.
Maybe one of them either found answers or know the answers for the questions that were just asked.


Brom the Barbarian - Rich P; AC: 26 (T 14, FF 26, Raged 24), CMD: 35 (38 Raged); HP: 165 (207 raged); DR 3/- (6/- raged)  d20+23=43 ;
Tuesday September 19th, 2017 4:21:58 PM

For the meeting with the council, Brom wears his nice civilian clothes. He does carry his WLA badge, but keeps it hung under his shirt. The short sleeve shirt is made to so that part of the barbarian's massive bicep and forearm can be seen. He also wears a nice pair of pants, very fancy by the adventurer's standards but not so by the standards of the council, and a nice pair of leather boots. He only carries a kukri in a sheath on his waist.

At the meeting, Brom listens to Barratore tell the story of their fight and expulsion within Glitterrox. He has nothing to add to the story. Brom notices Lord Hmitri's badge as well and is interested in what rank he holds within the WLA.

On the question of:

1. The dragon he has no response. Emrys had went to search for it; so, he should inform the council of his findings.

2. The shadow lord poses no more threat, but Brom believes that he is not dead and maybe still around, but with no proof, he keeps his thoughts to himself.

3. The grey stone was shadowstuff and cannot exist in the light, att least that's Brom's guess. Again, he keeps these thoughts to himself and defers to the members most knowledgeable on the topic (the ones with actual planar knowledge).

Velarin Xilontheel(Chris J), AC 17(FF 14), hp 80/80, extended mage armor(24 hrs)  d20+23=36 ; d20+18=28 ;
Tuesday September 19th, 2017 7:29:56 PM

yes Dulcet, our friend Evaris had to take his leave for an unknown duration, possibly permanently. He was required to tend to the failing health of another. We will miss him, but we will continue our work in the valley.

V responds to the mention of the shadow lord after Brom. "Indeed the shadow lord may or may not be dead. But the real heart of the matter is that when we entered the tunnel leading to him we overheard part of a conversation that he was having with another. He was merely a tool or puppet of another being. In fact, he said that after he had killed us, he would need to be addressed properly before the shadow army set foot in the valley. This is troublesome news, as there is a very powerful being somewhere in the multiverse with designs on this valley, powerful enough to empower this shadow lord and give him control of an army. It is possible that this being is choosing his replacement as we speak. How or if we can find more information regarding this would likely be a matter for the clerics. It may be possible for me to plane shift us back to the pocket dimension to speak with those people once again, but I am unsure if that is possible or will yield results."

V then uses knowledge of the arcane(36) and the planes(28) to see if he can give the council an answer regarding the dissipating globs.



Barratore Steelwind (Dan K) AC: 34 (T 14 FF 26), CMD:35; HP: 178/178 Character Sheet 
Tuesday September 19th, 2017 10:14:34 PM

Barratore calls it Emrys to report his findings on the rumor of the sighted dragon. "Brave Emrys went to Glitterox to personally look into reports of a dragon sighting. Emyrs, what did you uncover?"

After Emrys speaks as well as any others, Barratore will venture aloud that the grey matter was what was left of the shadow creatures the group destroyed and was expelled by Glitterox along with themselves. Here in this world and in the light of day, the substance simply melted away like snow.

It has been answered but Barratore will say it again, that th shadow lord, with the help of another was to invade the valley with a shadow army.

Emrys Myrridanmyl, stephen f. ac16 hp 42/57. ritual: ward, windwalk 
Tuesday September 19th, 2017 11:38:39 PM

Emrys gives answers to the questions about the dragon.

"I did attempt to find evidence of a dragon around Glitterox. I used several powerful divinations, scrutinized every inch for miles around the Glitterox and no proof of a dragon was found. I did find more precious gems and metals, like the kind that rained down the night of the eruption. I found more pockets of glitter, an old rusty dagger and a faintly glowing crystal ... very similar to crystals I first witnessed in our travels across the planes. Evidently many things from that realm returned with us through the Glitterox. It merely gives off the light of a candle ... a common light source from that pocket realm."

Emrys pauses to recall more information from that day, "the only creatures I found were fauna indigenous to the region and a small band of goblins. They didn't appear to be conducting any hostile activity and they kept their distance. So I decided to continue on with my divinations. The power of my divining made me quite fatigued, so I called off my search and returned home. I apologize for failing to corroborate the rumors."

Shepherd Baslim (Tanner) HP 143 -- AC 14/10/14 -- F+17 R+9 W+23 -- CMD 16 
Tuesday September 19th, 2017 11:48:53 PM

Baslim nods. "I do not know any more than my companions, I'm afraid."

Emrys Myrridanmyl, stephen f. ac16 hp 42/57. ritual: ward 
Tuesday September 19th, 2017 11:49:40 PM

Emrys turns to Velarin and says, "Perhaps that glowing crystal could be used as a focus to find our way back to that realm."

Edson Kazil - Shawn R; AC: 28 (T 21, FF 20), CMD: 24 HP: 25/65  
Wednesday September 20th, 2017 12:05:35 AM

Edson flips a coin across his knuckles, awaiting the end of the meeting. It seemed to go in cycles... advenure, party, meeting, rest... the first two and the last were ok, but these meetings always bored him. He could already see were this one was headed, and figured it would be easier for the comittee to just come forward and ask them for their next favor. It would save every a ton of time.

DM Mark - Same Old Thing ... adventure, party, meeting, rest ... 
Wednesday September 20th, 2017 12:26:59 AM

In the meeting with the Pitchfork Council, Brom dresses in business casual - for a barbarian. Amidst all the talk, you note the Council is thankful for the Keepers efforts.

They have a few questions for the Keepers.

Velarin explains the absence of the good Evaris. The elf agrees with Brom that the Shadow Lord may or may not be dead. But even more concerning, he says, “"Indeed the shadow lord may or may not be dead. But the real heart of the matter is that when we entered the tunnel leading to him we overheard part of a conversation that he was having with another. He was merely a tool or puppet of another being. In fact, he said that after he had killed us, he would need to be addressed properly before the shadow army set foot in the valley. This is troublesome news, as there is a very powerful being somewhere in the multiverse with designs on this valley, powerful enough to empower this shadow lord and give him control of an army. It is possible that this being is choosing his replacement as we speak. How or if we can find more information regarding this would likely be a matter for the clerics. It may be possible for me to plane shift us back to the pocket dimension to speak with those people once again, but I am unsure if that is possible or will yield results."

(From the August 4 DM post: Behind the Shadow Lord you see a small, shadowy portal. Before your approach is noticed, and the portal winks out of existence, you get a glimpse of the hideously scarred visage of a human man in his late middle years. The man's face and hands are marked from some affliction,and he is mostly bald with only strands of long gray hair scattered about his head. Behind the man the head of a huge red dragon can be seen, eyes like glowing coals and smoke rising from its mouth.)

From his experience, Velarin believes that the shadowstuff likely has its origins in the Plane of Shadow. He is not sure what it is, but surmises that it could be used in conjunction with certain transmutation spells.

Barratore ask Emrys to share what he may have learned about the dragon on the slopes of Glitterox. Barratore says that the grey shadowstuff was only the remains of the shadow creatures destroyed during the eruption that expelled the heroes as well.

Simmay responds, “We, that strange grey stone-like material was flying out in chunks for hours, maybe a day, before Glitterox finally erupted. But there’s now way you could have known what was happening here dear, since you were in that other place fighting for our valley.

Emrys relates that he was not able to find any information about a dragon through his divinations. He suggest to Velarin that the crystal may lead them back to that other dimension.

Baslim says he has nothing to add.

Edson grows impatient and bored with all the talk, wishing these powers that be would just get to the point and ask the heroes to once again solve their next problem.

When they ask about the Shadow Stones, one of Lord Hmitri’s attendants leans over and whispers to him. Lord Hmitri becomes a bit angry, “So Hmark, you didn’t think that might have been important before? Go and fetch it immediately!” The man rushes out.

“Well, it seems that Brother Daevon found a block of the stuff, and has kept it hidden from the light. I’ve asked that he bring it here, but seeing it will be difficult if it disappears in the light.”

Knowledge Local DC 10:Highlight to display spoiler: {Brother Daevon is an older half-orc, and a low level cleric of Alemi. He takes care of Alemi's shrine.} Baslim may read this without a roll.

Knowledge Local DC 20:Highlight to display spoiler: {Brother Daevon speaks well, but not a lot of wisdom. He does have a high opinion of Lord Hmitri.}

A few minutes later, a half-orc in white robes enters the room, carrying a small chest. He wears a holy symbol to Alemi. He nods respectfully to Baslim. He addresses Lord Hmitri, “My lord, as requested I have brought the block you seek. I had heard that it evaporates in the light, so I have kept this one in darkness. I have examined it, but there is little I have been able to discern about this, other than it is hard like stone, but weighs little.”

Lord Hmitri gestures to the Keepers, and then to the chest that now sits on a side table.


Velarin Xilontheel(Chris J), AC 17(FF 14), hp 80/80, extended mage armor(24 hrs) 
Wednesday September 20th, 2017 11:10:07 AM

V responds first to Emrys. "It may very well be a focus, and if so, that would be good. I am hoping that my ability to disregard most material spell components will also suffice for a focus, but if not, let's make sure we hang onto that crystal and research the matter."

Responding to the rest. "ah yes. talk of the dragon has jogged my memory. As we approached him, a small dimensional portal was seen, and behind it was the hideously scarred visage of a human man in his late middle years. The man's face and hands are marked from some affliction,and he is mostly bald with only strands of long gray hair scattered about his head. Behind the man the head of a huge red dragon can be seen, eyes like glowing coals and smoke rising from its mouth. But the portal quickly winked out of existence. Obviously a dragon is involved somehow. Whether or not it is in this realm remains to be seen. Perhaps a powerful divination from our religious associates could find the truth of the matter."

Brother Daevon please do not open that chest. You did excellently in preserving that without letting it dissipate. Something none of us thought to do. My thanks brother. I believe the safest course of action to prevent it from disappearing would be to have a good look at it in the complete absence of light. Moonlight or starlight might possibly even minorly effect it. I would propose opening the chest at night in a dark, enclosed room. I have the spell true seeing which allows me to see all things as they truly are with no limitation to vision or need of light. i believe I am not the only one that has that spell, and it may be in our best interests to have several of us look at it together and discuss. I would think that any with the capability to see in complete darkness who wish to be present may do so.


Brom the Barbarian - Rich P; AC: 26 (T 14, FF 26, Raged 24), CMD: 35 (38 Raged); HP: 165 (207 raged); DR 3/- (6/- raged)  d20+3=20 ; d20=16 ;
Wednesday September 20th, 2017 2:26:08 PM

Brom recognizes Brother Daevon, having had several conversations with him while having his wounds attended at the temple (DC 20).

The dragon talk is interesting, but Brom doesn't know anything about the guy next to him.

Other than that, Brom stands/sits and waits for the meeting to be over.

Lanliss Drakeguard (Michael A) HP69/98 AC:26 touch:19 flat:18 cmd:28  d20+10=13 ;
Wednesday September 20th, 2017 4:22:37 PM

Brother Daevon, Lanliss speaks.
Thank you for keeping thing, it might prove useful, Lanliss then makes a gesture towards Baslim and says respectfully, Our dear Baslim also walks the path of light with the blessings of Alemi.
Lanliss expects Baslim to check the block/thing.
Local Knowledge 13

Barratore Steelwind (Dan K) AC: 34 (T 14 FF 26), CMD:35; HP: 178/178 Character Sheet 
Wednesday September 20th, 2017 10:51:30 PM

Barratore listens and nods as V talks and does his best to appear engaged during the meeting. Barratore thanks the brother upon returning. He agrees with V, open it later in darkness
Barratore retrieves the chest and will hold onto it

At this point, his story told and things moving to planning or trying to discover what to do next, he had little if nothing to add and so he stays in the background. As well as a fully battle clad Minotaur can at least


Emrys Myrridanmyl, stephen f. ac16 hp 42/57. ritual: ward  d20+26=41 ;
Wednesday September 20th, 2017 11:16:45 PM

(Knowledge [Local]: 41)

Emrys recognizes the good cleric and recalls who and what he is ... and pretty much everyone else in the room as well. He listens on to what everyone else is saying, but something isn't sitting well with him. This is the second time his friends have called him a bard ... something that he has never been ... or maybe not.

He thinks to himself, 'how did I cast that feather falling spell ... a spell I no longer know? I have fleeting thoughts and memories of playing a lute ... but these memories are only dreams. I can't carry a tune, dance or play an instrument ... I can't even whistle!' Yet these flights of fancy persist ... even among my friends; they reference these alternative threads of reality. It's not inconceivable, with becoming legendary in repute, that our burgeoning perceptions have grown to some mystical level. Like the good cleric, Brother Daevon, I shouldn't know so much about him or the rest of these people ... but I do!

Shepherd Baslim (Tanner) HP 143 -- AC 14/10/14 -- F+17 R+9 W+23 -- CMD 16 
Wednesday September 20th, 2017 11:53:48 PM

Baslim nods to Brother Daevon. He rubs his chin in thought. "It vanishes in the light... Hard like stone... Heavy as sponge... Hmm... Perhaps one of our party can see in the dark and can examine it in greater detail? My eyes see only light. If no one can, I would suggest we cast divinations and offer prayers to seek guidance so we do not spoil this sample."

Edson Kazil - Shawn R; AC: 28 (T 21, FF 20), CMD: 24 HP: 25/65  
Thursday September 21st, 2017 12:19:55 AM

Still not asking what they want to ask... Edson thought to himself. He knew deep down they already had another mission for him, but for some reason wanted to beat around the bush.

When the chest comes in, Edson stands up and moves closer... but doesn't open it. He awaits one of the others to do the deed.

Emrys Myrridanmyl, stephen f. ac16 hp 42/57. ritual: ward 
Thursday September 21st, 2017 1:09:01 AM

Agreeing with Baslim, Emrys offers his services, "I could attempt a greater scrying to observe and examine the object from within the chest ... no risk of exposing it to light. I only need my cauldron."

DM Mark - Same Old Thing ... adventure, party, meeting, rest ... 
Thursday September 21st, 2017 1:18:12 AM

Attention focuses on the chest brought in by Brother Daevon, and the Keepers are appreciative and thoughtful in their response to him. He is happy to give this thing to you, and is glad that Alemi bought it to him for safe keeping until you needed it. Barratore takes control of the chest. (I will let you explore that at your leisure - just tell me what you do with it, if anything.)

Soon the planned for party occurs. The members of the Pitchfork Council are there. There is always demand for the story of your journey through the Shadlow Lands, the dimension of the Krystal Palace, and your explosive return to the Cinnamon Valley.

As this is a gift giving time, there are many gifts given to the Keepers. Of note, each of you received a matched, very finely crafted dagger from the minotaur Palonia. Lord Hmitri gives each of you a gold “key to the city.” While the key does not actually fit anything, showing it does cause local officials to let you pass anywhere you wish. There are quite a number of other items - wooden carvings of local animals, fine hats, walking sticks, and a good deal of food stuffs. There are also gifts of ale and local spirits. Lord Hmitri, at one point asks, “So, have you given any more thought to that statue?”

Actually there are a number of celebrations, and the Keepers are usually eagerly invited, sometimes out of gratitude, sometimes because of the status it will lend to their event, often both.

Emrys will notice that replicas of his black walking stick have become very fashionable and popular. There is also an uptick in local veneration of Alemi and adherence to his precepts.

Once the parties subside, life in Magpie Crossing settles into some normalcy. People go about their daily work. The Keepers continue to be important figures, occasionally called upon for advice or help. Life is good.

Two weeks go by.

Key questions:
- The Keepers had discussed a Renewal gift. Do you let the matter drop?
- What is done with the shadow stone?
- Do you spend time on anything significant during this two week period?

(Your DMs would like to wrap up this phase so we can move to the next. We get the impression some of the players would like that too, but we don’t want to cut anyone short.)

Velarin Xilontheel(Chris J), AC 17(FF 14), hp 80/80, extended mage armor(24 hrs)  d20+23=41 ; d20+23=35 ; d20+18=30 ; d20+18=21 ;
Thursday September 21st, 2017 9:58:38 AM

(ooc: i believe we have decided to let the matter of the renewal gift drop for now, with characters doing their own thing in the future. See post for rest)

V does his best to speak with as many people as possible, and stop by as many celebrations as he is able, at least for a short bit. He thanks everyone profusely for all the gifts given. He does his best to let Lord Hmitri down gently regarding the statue, stating that the group is still pondering their options, but for now is going to look at something that will provide employment and or a service to valley.

V will investigate the stone, as previously mentioned, in a dark room at night using true sight, and with at least several keepers present should something occur(spellcraft 41, arcane 35, planes 30, history 21)

Beyond that, V spends the rest of his time relaxing, and reading his books

Lanliss Drakeguard (Michael A) HP69/98 AC:26 touch:19 flat:18 cmd:28 
Thursday September 21st, 2017 3:57:38 PM

Lanliss will spend his time asking Valerin and other magic casters about their way of casting magic.
He will also visit the catacombs as there are some stuff that needed to be bought.
Lanliss will ask Valerin if he has a basic book with magic spells that is good for beginners.
With the excuse for it being curiosity.

Brom the Barbarian - Rich P; AC: 26 (T 14, FF 26, Raged 24), CMD: 35 (38 Raged); HP: 165 (207 raged); DR 3/- (6/- raged)  d20+23=32 ;
Thursday September 21st, 2017 7:54:18 PM

Brom thanks all of the people for their gift. With the alcohol, he insists that those that gave him the drink share with him. He tells them "A good drink is always better when it's shared with friends."

Brom attends many of the celebration, as many as he can. During the celebration time, it is not uncommon to see him wandering from party to party. It is not hard to notice that he is inebriated, but always up for a good party, Brom trudges on.

The gift of the blade is immediately placed in his belt and can be seen with him in place of the kukri that Brom normally carries while in his civilian clothes.

During the two weeks:

After his armor is repaired and having found no lasting interest from any of the ladies of Magpie Crossing. Brom decides on a little trip. He is going to head to Merrydale for a day or two, then over to Witchspawn and spend two days there before heading to Jarlswolf and then back to Magpie Crossing. All in all, he plans to spend a week and a half or two away from the Crossing. On his way back he plans to spend a day in Frog Hollow. He wants to find out more about the dragon rumored to have been spotted by one of the locals.

Perception DC 32

Barratore Steelwind (Dan K) AC: 34 (T 14 FF 26), CMD:35; HP: 178/178 Character Sheet 
Thursday September 21st, 2017 10:33:38 PM

Barratore will be at as many of the celebrations as he can and he will accessorize with as many of the gifts as he can, especially the dagger. The proud taur fighter will always be in battle dress out of respect to those he visits with. Like Brom, gifts and food and drink are shared as the are meant to be.

Barratore leaves the chest with V after the meeting. While he is curious, he knows there will be nothing he can offer when it comes to examining the contents. Instead, he also plots out a course through the settlements of the Vale. He purposefully picks a different course then Brom. Time to see the place he now calls home, mono y mono. Barratore heads to Jarlswolf, then cuts down to Merrydale, out to Witchspawn, back to Jarlswolf and home.

He brings parchment and a small folding table to take down some notes each night on good locations along the road and to continue to rough out what the Tavern Brewery might look like. He will try to engage any he meets in light conversation about their views on life in the Vale. These he adds to his knowledge of the locals and his notes
Taking 10 on knowledge checks Local and Engineering both 15
Taking 10 on Survival 16 to make those nights in the woods as pleasant as possible

Emrys Myrridanmyl, stephen f. ac16 hp 42/57. ritual: ward  d20+25=27 ; d20+26=36 ;
Thursday September 21st, 2017 10:52:18 PM

Emrys thanks the minotaur for the finely crafted dagger, "I have never owned a finer blade!" He also thanks Lord Hmitri for the Key to the City. He show his appreciation and gratitude for all the gifts bestowed upon them.

Emrys absolutely adores the wood carvings of animals, "My mother was a very gifted woodworker. They say her carvings were so lifelike, you'd mistake them for the real thing.They almost seemed to breathe and even their eyes would follow you around the room ... or so I thought."

Looking at his own hands, that have an uncanny wood grain-like appearance, yet still soft and fleshy, he continues on to say, "Sadly I did not inherit her talents ... well, not all of them anyway."

Later that evening...

If Valarin wants to go ahead and open the chest in total darkness, he would certainly want to be a part of this examination. He too will cast True Seeing, so that his eyes are no longer shrouded by the dark. He will remove any item he is carrying or wearing that sheds the slightest glow. Emrys will also scrutinize the object. He will cast Detect Magic and determine what kind of magic, if any, radiates from the object.
(Knowledge [Arcana]: 27, drat! Spellcraft: 36. Knowledge [Planes]:

Emrys Myrridanmyl, stephen f. ac16 hp 42/57. ritual: ward  d20+22=38 ; d20+24=40 ; d20+26=40 ;
Thursday September 21st, 2017 10:56:24 PM

(Had a 'senior moment,' I mistakenly hit the submit button before finishing my post, sigh!)

(Here are the rest of my rolls: Knowledge [Planes]: 38. Knowledge [Nature]: 40. Knowledge [Dungeoneering]: 40.)

Shepherd Baslim (Tanner) HP 143 -- AC 14/10/14 -- F+17 R+9 W+23 -- CMD 16 
Thursday September 21st, 2017 11:56:28 PM

Shepherd Baslim is thrilled to see a surge in the worship of Alemi. The Valley walks closer to the Light! He does not have any preparation to make, and has few ideas about a renewal gift.

Rather than a statue of the good mayor, Baslim suggests a bronze plaque. Perhaps a wall of honor for all future mayors?

DM Mark - Same Old Thing ... adventure, party, meeting, rest ... 
Friday September 22nd, 2017 12:56:51 AM

Velarin and kindly informs Lord Hmitri that there will be no statue for now, though something else is being considered. Lord Hmitri takes this with ease. Velarin spends a much of his time relaxing.

Everyone enjoys the festivities, spending time at various gatherings. Brom, Barratore and Emrys make it a point to thank the smith for the dagger, which Brom and Barratore wear prominently.

Brom and Barratore spend much of their time travelling the Cinnamon Valley, meeting drinking with the people, though they take different routes. The visits are always apprecaited, and they are well received and well fed. Brom’s time in Frog Hollow is interesting. Tavid is there, again trying to engage him in debate on local politics.

The others spend the time relaxing and studying. Lanliss speaks with Velarin and others about learning magic.

Regarding the strange, grey shadow stone, care is taken to keep it in the dark and those that can, use magical means to examine the stone. They learn that it does not detect as magic or evil (or any alignment for that matter.) You believes that it likely has its origins in the Plane of Shadow, and surmise that it could be used in conjunction with certain transmutation spells to alter things.

Your best guess is that it is essentially solid shadow material. It is about as hard as stone, but much lighter in weight. It can be broken like stone. When a piece is exposed to normal or bright light, it begins shrink as it throws off shadowy tendrils and wisps, which seemingly evaporate into nothing.

Call For Help


ADM Ryan | Tactical Maps and Artwork 
Friday September 22nd, 2017 4:01:50 PM

Finish up the business as needed. Lord Himttri has requested the Keepers meet with him in the morning to discuss what has been going on and enjoy breakfast.

[ooc: Monday real time this post is a notice and tracking point for myself. Also please check that the above map link works, it will be the link I use going forward when I post a map.]


Lanliss Drakeguard (Michael A) HP69/98 AC:26 touch:19 flat:18 cmd:28 
Friday September 22nd, 2017 6:00:57 PM

So I guess we are going to meet with Lord Himttri ?
We should rest, he might have another thing for us.


Emrys Myrridanmyl, stephen f. ac16 hp 42/57. ritual: ward 
Friday September 22nd, 2017 11:43:43 PM

Emrys plans on brewing a few potions before their next adventure. He meets with the coven and plans out what herbs and materials are needed for what they plan to brew.

"Hmm, eyes of toad, check, scales of lemur, yes. Who spilled the goat bile? Oh my, we have SO much hemlock, we better use it! We're down to only a pound of mummified flesh and half a jar of cream of tartar! We appear to be low on cat whiskers too."

Angus immediately turns around to head back to the living quarters of the manor house when his trip is interrupted. "Angus! NO, no ... not Valdor's! That would be very bad!"

Angus sighs and says, "Ehh ... of course." And promptly returns.

(I need to consult the new Item Creation rules ... it's been too long.)

Brom the Barbarian - Rich P; AC: 26 (T 14, FF 26, Raged 24), CMD: 35 (38 Raged); HP: 165 (207 raged); DR 3/- (6/- raged) 
Saturday September 23rd, 2017 8:14:29 PM

Brom returns from his travels refreshed but tired. Lots of food and drink and also some hard work over the two week period makes the barbarian a tuckered out boy, but Brom enjoys helping out. At the places he passes, he lends his great strength to help in tasks that the villages need.

Immediately upon getting back to Magpie Crossing, he drops off his armor and weapons, grabs his civilian clothes, and heads off the bathhouse for a good soak.

Copyright © 1980-2017 WoldianGames. All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy - Terms of Service - Site Map - Contact Us - SRD
 
WoldianGames Homepage