WoldianGames Homepage WoldianGames Homepage
WoldianGames Homepage
  LOG ON

Taur Islands

Click here to visit the Woldipedia Taur Islands game page.

If you don't see new turns, Reload the page here

View Preference
30 Days2 Weeks1 Week2 Days

Lomocia (Koby) (HP:6/6; AC: 12; Touch: 10; Flat: 10; CMD: 10)  
Monday July 17th, 2017 9:19:29 AM

After searching around the little area at the bottom of the steps to no avail Lomocia begins the climb upwards after where she saw her friends leave.

Matthew S. Co-DM - Rose Quest Day 14 - Just before Dusk (Co-DM Matt)  
Monday July 17th, 2017 7:06:06 PM

At Scribner Village

Sable makes a comment about the wood. Mr. Schilling smiles. “This is a wonderful place, the wood though is highly restricted by the Chief Stallion. To be honest, I’m not to thrilled about it. He could be a little less oppressive about the whole thing. His wife, interrupts him from within the house. “Oh, deer. You didn’t come here to listen to be belly ache. How about I knock that stay down to 3 gold piece per night?”

Rolth is in the mood for some dickering. Luckily, Mr. Schilling just lowered it to 3 gold, just before you said something. There are other houses but they are off the beaten path and a bit of a trek. These few houses are right on the beach.

Finnian is happy to pay any price needed to rest. (OOC: A full night will rest you up.)

Falco is happy Rolth is negotiating. The negotiations moved from the Dwarves home to the Schillings. The Schillings have lowered the offer to 3gp per person.

Lomocia joins the others above.

Atop the Bluffs, near the Administrative Paddock

Gothruk Checks out the tallest tree.

He adds, “So does the Chief Stallion give permission to every adventuring party individually? That must be a headache to sort out who's going where and why. You mentioned that he'll be at the administration paddock at noon but perhaps it would be better if we arrived earlier or with gifts? We are causing him trouble after all. And don't worry about my sharp stick here He says referring to his Guisarme I've barely used it for anything but a walking stick for a long time.”

“The Chief runs a pretty tight ship here, but to answer your question, Nobody needs permission to stay at the University and the village below. Just visitors who go outside the area need permission. There are many rules. I’m sorry but no one speaks to the Chief. The Chief will only be available at noon tomorrow. Your guisarme is no threat”. He says matter of factly.

Kiwina enjoys the walk. The administration paddock is locked up with a few centaur walking within it. It’s a fenced in area within the center of some large low sod-roofed buildings. It looks like the roofs are used for herb gardens.

Tsak Rezar confirms with the Dwarf but he repeats that it’s 15 per person but he is willing to split it if they share. He then joins the others up at the administrative paddock.

Everyone but Rolth and Sable explore the outside of the administration paddock and the large trees. Each tree seems to be a center of a branch of learning. Judging by the signs (in Tauric and Common), you can see a Tree of Natural Philosophy, a Tree of History, a Tree of Literature and Arts, a Tree of Esoteric Lore, and others. There are two very tall trees in the center: a Universatree and a Library Tree. However, the very tallest tree has not been touched by the greenmages’ arts. It stands astoundingly tall in its natural glory. The building at its base, unlike all the other low-lying buildings, is made of elegant marble. It has the look of a temple. Imagine something like this, but 400 feet in diameter, with a 250-foot diameter tree growing from a center courtyard up into the sky.


Sable (Don) (15/15 HP | AC: 15/17; Touch: 11; Flat: 13/15; CMD: 18) | Status: Stern  d20+1=7 ;
Monday July 17th, 2017 7:20:43 PM

Sable is happy to rest and regain his strength. If he can, he frankly asks his hosts about dryads and the Whistal wood (Diplomacy 7). He then awaits the return of his friends.

Rolth Niheow (MarkBat) (16/16 HP | AC: 14; Touch: 11; Flat: 12; CMD: 17) | Glaive +3 1d10+4 x3 | Paws (2) +1 1d4+1 x2| Status: Sickened -1 
Monday July 17th, 2017 8:51:31 PM

Rolth happily seals the deal with the Schillings, and starts to settle in, choosing a place where he can keep an eye on the door and any comings and goings outside. If the Schillings are in a chatty mood, he will see what else they have heard about Taurnament participants and successes or failures hereabouts. Later in the evening, he will update his personal tattoos to reflect our recent journeys. If Lomocia returns at a reasonable hour, he will also offer her the simple compass rose tattoo of the Eight Petaled Rose.

Kiwina (Steve M) (16/16 HP | AC:14; Touch:11; Flat:12; CMD:15) | Status: None 
Monday July 17th, 2017 11:02:38 PM

Not wanting to explore much with half the party waiting, Kiwina suggests a quick walk around the temple to see what there is to see, and asks any passersby if they know what the building is. If they do not answer, he will ask the guards on the way back to their rooms. He does not intend on entering the building without the full group.

Tsak Rezar (Damien) AC15 (T13/F12) 12/12 HP| Falchion +4 2D4+3|Status: None 
Tuesday July 18th, 2017 8:27:47 AM

Tsak is happy to tag along with Kiwina. At least now he knows where the Chief Stallion will be the next day so that the petals can present themselves and hopefully move forward with the next stage of their quest.

Falco Ambersier (Ryan M) (7/7 HP | AC: 13; Touch: 13; Flat: 11; CMD: 12) | 7/7 Acid Dart | Lt Crossbow +3 1d6 x2 | Status: None  d20+8=13 ;
Tuesday July 18th, 2017 8:37:08 AM

Happy to only have to shell out 3gp for his lodgings Falco will at least try and gather some info on other teams. Particularly of interest would be how many have come by and if anyone knows where they went while here.

[Know Local: 13 - rolled a blasted 5]


Lomocia (Koby) (HP:6/6; AC: 12; Touch: 10; Flat: 10; CMD: 10)  
Tuesday July 18th, 2017 12:30:48 PM

Lomocia joins Rolth and debates where to receive the tattoo. She eventually on her back, to the left of the left shoulder blade.

Finnian (Zeke) (HP:11/11; AC: 16; Touch: 13; Flat: 13; CMD: 17) Status: Sickened 
Tuesday July 18th, 2017 4:52:02 PM

Finnian pays his share and instantly finds a place to curl up and fall asleep, He hopes tgat a nights rest on solid ground will do him some good.

Scribner University


Matthew S. Co-DM - Rose Quest Day 14 - Darkness Falls (Co-DM Matt)  
Tuesday July 18th, 2017 8:24:39 PM

At Scribner Village
Rolth seals the deal and they settle in with the Shillings. The Shillings, especially Mr. Shilling is very much in a chatty mood as he talks about the benefits of Whistal wood to the Scribner village economy. He seems especially animated about it.
Sable and Falco are happy to find lodging for the night.
Finnian pays his share and finds a place lay down for the night.
Falco asks about quester groups that have been around. He learns that an all-liontaur group has been through just yesterday. Diplomacy check DC10: Highlight to display spoiler: {It seems all but certain that this was Clayfus and the Wrestling Wemics. They have already gone up into the University proper.}
Lomocia talks to Rolth about her new tattoo.

Atop the Bluffs, near the Administrative Paddock
Tsak Rezar follows as Kiwina asks about the building and finds out that it is in fact the university’s Temple to Domi, where the druids and greenmages who tend the sacred trees live and work. The rest of the complex splays outward around them.
Gothruk enjoys a bit of quiet time.

---
Night comes and everything closes up. The lights from the University and its unique buildings begin to go out. It gives you barely enough time to get back to the village before darkness overwhelms you on a cloud-filled day. The moons blotted out for the night.

Mr. Schilling welcomes you. He collects his 3 gold pieces from everyone as his children begin to settle for the night. There is a campfire dug within the sand and everyone is invited to sit, talk and relax. Evidently the Schilling family is camping out tonight under clear skies in order to let out all the family’s beds to the Eight-Petaled Rose.

The morning will be here soon, and you have discovered that the University is a big place. Where in this wonderful complex of trees, students, and teachers will you find the entrance to the garden you seek?


Kiwina (Steve M) (16/16 HP | AC:14; Touch:11; Flat:12; CMD:15) | Status: None 
Tuesday July 18th, 2017 9:16:43 PM

Kiwina tells those who stayed all they saw at the University, including about the three tallest trees. Recalling the clue, Where students study, / Atop the tallest whistal, / In library clouds., he admits that they did not think to ask about any libraries in the clouds. But both the temple and the Library Tree seem good places to explore in the morning.

Rolth Niheow (MarkBat) (16/16 HP | AC: 14; Touch: 11; Flat: 12; CMD: 17) | Glaive +3 1d10+4 x3 | Paws (2) +1 1d4+1 x2| Status: Recovered 
Tuesday July 18th, 2017 9:52:44 PM

Rolth opines, "Perhaps there are 3 steps in this quest? We learned that 'There are two very tall trees in the center: a Universatree and a Library Tree. However, the very tallest tree has not been touched by the greenmages’ arts.' From the clues in the original poem, students might study in the Universatree, the tallest is the tree growing out the temple, and then the Library Tree. No reference to a cloud that I noticed, but the temple tree might be that tall. Do we visit in that order? Or does someone have a better idea? We really need to beat Clayfus and those Wrestling Wemics!"

Tsak Rezar (Damien) AC15 (T13/F12) 12/12 HP| Falchion +4 2D4+3|Status: None 
Wednesday July 19th, 2017 7:34:59 AM

The Duke was a great help to us, and the last garden was no secret and not hard to find. Perhaps the Chief will also be helpful. If everyone is well we can all go up in the morning and do some checking before we attend the Chief Stallions address, it was at noon wasn't it?

Falco Ambersier (Ryan M) (7/7 HP | AC: 13; Touch: 13; Flat: 11; CMD: 12) | 7/7 Acid Dart | Lt Crossbow +3 1d6 x2 | Status: Sickened 
Wednesday July 19th, 2017 8:45:13 AM

Falco is glad to be relaxing for the evening and can feel himself becoming more well.

"The Chief may be of help but we also may be able to find a student or two to ask. In case it is a secret location perhaps I can can get one of them to prove how smart they are by telling me."


Lomocia (Koby) (HP:6/6; AC: 12; Touch: 10; Flat: 10; CMD: 10)   d20+2=21 ; d20=6 ;
Wednesday July 19th, 2017 11:03:22 AM

Seeing as how the locals were so helpful in the last quest, when the sun rises Lomocia heads out to seek a student of the university. She looks for tell tale signs; books, parchment and quill, and hopes to recite the riddle and ask if any of it makes more sense to them.

Perception: 21
Diplomacy: 6

Finnian (Zeke) (HP:11/11; AC: 16; Touch: 13; Flat: 13; CMD: 17) Status: Sickened  d20+4=16 ; d20+6=14 ;
Wednesday July 19th, 2017 4:52:51 PM

Finnian awakes feeling well and ready for the day. He raises and checks his bow and quiver incase they run into trouble and the exits the room where he slept. "Good morning," he says to his companions, "sorry I wasn't much use yesterday, that boat did something aweful to my insides but I believe I am better today. Where to?"

As they climb the mountain Finnian takes another look around, this time with keener eyes observing the comings and goings of the various people trying to identify greenmages, druids, and of course keeping a watchful eye out for threats or other group.

[know nature 16] [perception 14]

Gothruk Gore (Logan) AC 12 (T11/F10) 12/12HP |Guisarme +3 2D6+4| Status: None  d20+5=21 ;
Wednesday July 19th, 2017 5:40:30 PM

Gothruk observes the three trees of interest, the largest one with the building at it's base, the university and the library.
He has a suspicion that the challenge may be high in the trees amongst the clouds. Is there paths etched into or around the trees, and if so how high do they lead?
If there is a path than Gothruk will begin climbing, he'll see how high the path goes. If there is no end in site after twenty minutes than he'll stop and climb back down so he can meet the chieftain alongside the rest of the group.
If there is nothing to climb than he'll assist Lomocia with finding a student to the university.
Perception roll (1D20+5=21) incase it's needed to search the trees. Or can be used to assist Lomocia.


Sable (Don) (15/15 HP | AC: 15/17; Touch: 11; Flat: 13/15; CMD: 18) | Status: Stern  d20+8=28 ; d20+8=26 ;
Wednesday July 19th, 2017 7:21:20 PM

Sable considers the problem, and decides that his tracking and observation skills may come in handy here. While others might use diplomacy to check on things - he is going to see if he can spot other contestants making their way into the trees, and if so - which trees. Furthermore, he will use his tracking skills to try and discern which path or tree might be most promising (from a previous party perspective). He will be looking for tracks of groups of 8 - especially traveling off the beaten path.

Perception Check - Nat 20 for 28; Survival Check for tracks- 26 for Monstrous Humanoids 24 vs others.

"Maybe one of you more diplomatic types can ask about previous party's seeking a rose?"

Rose Quest Day 15 at 10 AM (Co-DM Cayzle) One Rose Won! 
Wednesday July 19th, 2017 9:00:54 PM


Rolth suggests narrowing down the search to a few special trees.

Tsak Rezar suggests heading up the bluff early -- and ask around before the Chief holds audiences -- and all agree.

Falco has a plan to get some clever but maybe foolish students to spill the beans.

Lomocia keeps her eyes open and soon sees several students. She directs the group to speak with a few.

Finnian keeps alert too, but he is also looking for danger. No need! This is clearly a very safe place.

Gothruk looks carefully at the three tallest trees. Turns out all three have special names. The first is named after the great statue of Domi that resides within the temple. That’s the Idolatree. Then there is the tree for the Chief and the Deans. That’s the Universatree. Finally, the one that houses the library. That’s the Bibliogratree. These three are set away from the others and from each other.

Sable sees signs that a group of liontaurs has passed recently. He can tell because they seem to have not really respected the paths and have been wandering every which-a-way. In fact, with a ranger’s luck and an amazingly keen eye, Sable sees those self-same liontaurs lounging over by the Bibliogratree.

Kiwina is especially quiet this morning.

[OOC PS: And many happy returns of the day to my Co-DM Matthew! You savvy players will mark the date and keep it in mind in the years to come!]

Rolth Niheow (MarkBat) (16/16 HP | AC: 14; Touch: 11; Flat: 12; CMD: 17) | Glaive +3 1d10+4 x3 | Paws (2) +1 1d4+1 x2| Status: Recovered  d20+7=12 ; d20+2=16 ;
Wednesday July 19th, 2017 9:22:08 PM

Rolth signals to the Petals to huddle up, to avoid being overheard. In a low voice, he reminds the party not to reveal to our competitors that we have already taken a rose. Some of these scoundrels are not to be trusted at all! More openly, he suggests that the party split into three groups, to do a quick survey of each tree from closer in, then meet up a little early to be ready for the noon event. The Chief sounds like a stickler, so we don't want to be late.

Rolth will volunteer to lead a group to the Temple of Domi and the Idolatree, where he can pay his respects to his god, look about, and ask around a bit. (Perception = 12 to notice anything of interest and Diplomacy = 16 to gather information about any garden that might be connected to our quest, previously successful questers, and the like)

Perhaps Falco could take a group to the Universatree to chat up some students and profs, while Lomocia might have an interest in lore at the Bibliogratree? Just beware the swaggering wemics over there.

(OOC: Happy Birthday, DM Matt!)

Kiwina (Steve M) (16/16 HP | AC:14; Touch:11; Flat:12; CMD:15) | Status: None 
Wednesday July 19th, 2017 9:42:44 PM

Kiwina volunteers to go with Lomocia to the Bibliogratree. They can ignore the wemics and see if any of the library staff know about any library clouds.

Falco Ambersier (Ryan M) (7/7 HP | AC: 13; Touch: 13; Flat: 11; CMD: 12) | 7/7 Acid Dart | Lt Crossbow +3 1d6 x2 | Status: Sickened  d20+8=13 ; d20+8=20 ;
Thursday July 20th, 2017 7:18:16 AM

Once up and at them Falco will seek out some students, in the hopes of gathering additional information. He asks pretty simple questions about their studies and hopes that displaying some of his knowledge of the arcane my help is case [Know Arcana:13 - hurumph ].

Once he finds a likely candidate he will ask "I have always been interested in libraries and have heard it said that one of the libraries here is refereed to as being 'in the clouds'. I would love to see such a place if you know where it is." [Know Local: 20]



Tsak Rezar (Damien) AC15 (T13/F12) 12/12 HP| Falchion +4 2D4+3|Status: None  d20+5=12 ;
Thursday July 20th, 2017 8:30:56 AM

Tsak offers to go with Falco to the Universatree (Perception 12 to notice anything of interest).
He also warns Kiwina and Lomocia If you see a large orange ape in the Bibliogratree you should be very nice to it, and definitely not call it a monkey.

Lomocia (Koby) (HP:6/6; AC: 12; Touch: 10; Flat: 10; CMD: 10)   d20=18 ; d20+2=7 ; d20=14 ;
Thursday July 20th, 2017 9:41:50 AM

Having called over the students only to be directed towards the Bibliogratree, Lomocia waves the students off - not a difficult feat as they seemed wary to approach regardless. She makes her way towards the tree with eyes wide for anything that may seem out of place, and with an effort to stay clear of the wemics. Once inside the trunk, she searches for a "front desk" or sorts, or any place that may provide some helpful information.

Diplomacy to ask the front desk for history/lore of the tree: 18
Perception: 7
Knowledge Nature: 14

Finnian (Zeke) (HP:11/11; AC: 16; Touch: 13; Flat: 13; CMD: 17) Status: Sickened  d20+6=9 ;
Thursday July 20th, 2017 11:42:07 AM

Noticing that this is a very peacful place allows Finnian to let his guard down.

Finnian follows Lamocia and Kiwina to the library. He will help gather information as best as he can and look for any books that may reference the rose quest or a library in the clouds. Knowing that there is limited tine before the chief's speech forces him to work quickly [perception 9 to find books]

Sable (Don) (15/15 HP | AC: 15/17; Touch: 11; Flat: 13/15; CMD: 18) | Status: Stern  d20+6=24 ; d20+4=10 ;
Thursday July 20th, 2017 4:35:51 PM

Sable follows the party scanning the treetops or above for clouds (Perception 24). Furthermore, thinking about the treetops and clouds, considers how likely clouds form at that height or over a tree naturally (Knowledge Nature 10)

Gothruk Gore (Logan) AC 12 (T11/F10) 12/12HP |Guisarme +3 2D6+4| Status: None  d20+5=13 ;
Thursday July 20th, 2017 4:38:07 PM

Gothruk will join Rolth investigating the Domi Temple as he also has a lot of respect for the God. He'll have a thorough look through the place.
Perception 1D20+5=13

Looking for pathways or archways similar to the entence of the last challenge.

Before he enters the temple he'll try to notice anything built into any of the trees. Is there only structures at ground level? Or are there ways to get higher up the trees?

Matthew S. Co-DM - Rose Quest Day 15 - Noon (Co-DM Matt)   d20=8 ; d20=20 ; d20=13 ; d20=5 ;
Thursday July 20th, 2017 7:20:14 PM

Temple of Domi:

Rolth signals to the others to huddle up and reminds them not to reveal that they already had a Rose. He suggests they split up in three groups and survey the trees. Rolth volunteers to lead the group to the Temple of Domi and the Idolatree.
Clerics and priest exit and enter the temple in a regular fashion. Many too busy praying to pay you any mind. A young human stops to say hi.

“Oh, are you in the taurnament. I wanted to be in the taurnament but I’m really not built for adventure. My brother says I have weak bones. He is with one of the human groups. I can’t remember their name. What do I know about the garden?”

He thought for a moment as a centaur with a white cloak walks by. Embroided on the side of the cloak is a large red rose.

“They keep a tight lid on a lot of the taurnament stuff. There are administrators walking around all the time. They never say what the punishment is for giving away too much but it’s pretty scary, I think. There are so many rumors. Maybe we could trade something? I give you information you give me something. I’m not interested in gold. Something cool, like a flute or something.”
Gothruk joins Rolth at the temple. Investigates the trees and finds windows built into the giant Whistal trees. The windows seem to go up pretty high. There seems to be an entrance built into each one.
Sable follows the party scanning the treetops or above for clouds. He notices an outcropping within the clouds. It may be attached to the tree but it’s too far to make out anything for sure. As far as the clouds, he realizes that the clouds form depending on the amount of moisture. The clouds above seem to be a bit heavy and hang a bit lower than usual. Imagine the site if there was no clouds.

Over at the Bibliogratree:

Kiwina volunteers to go with Lomocia to the Bibliogratree.

Finnian let’s his guard down and follows Lomocia and Kiwina to the library. He will look for references to the rose quest of library in the clouds.

Lomocia waves off the students she called. She makes her way to the Bibliogratree. Once inside she plans to search for a front desk of some sort.

-- Clayfus and his group block the entrance to the Bibliogratree. Laughing, one of the taurs chants, “You cannot enter the Bibliogratree till you answer my questions three.”

Clayfus stands outside the door with the others on his team.
“Listen, it’s you dunderheads that caused the problem,” he begins, then lowers his voice.

Perception vs. DC 17 Highlight to display spoiler: { “You didn’t follow the rules,” he says quietly. “Getz, over here started prancing around the aisles singing.”}

The liontaur with a blond stripe from mane to tail says loudly. “It’s my birthday. I am allowed to celebrate.”

“Not when we are in the middle of something,” Clayfus rebukes him. “It’s now two Roses ...” He suddenly stops as he notices the Petals moving toward them.

The other liontaurs protest loudly, not knowing your group is behind them, but Clayfus hushes them. “Stop,” he says carefully.

Perception vs. DC 13 Highlight to display spoiler: {“Ok, listen … the Librarian is very hard of hearing but we have to be respectful. I know one of you can be respectful. We need to get through to this Garden. “What about that issue with Domi,” says another liontaur. “Right,” Clayfus whispers. “Remember to shout ‘Hail Domi’ when you emerge into the sunlight.”}

“Hey, what’s going on, mixed race group,” Clayfus says as you approach. “Catch any Roses yet! Where’s the rest of ya?”

By the Universatree:

Tsak Rezar follows Falco to the Universatree and says, “If you see a large orange ape in the Bibliogratree you should be very nice to it, and definitely not call it a monkey.”

Falco seeks out some of the students and asks, “"I have always been interested in libraries and have heard it said that one of the libraries here is referred to as being 'in the clouds'. I would love to see such a place if you know where it is."

A group of centaur approach. They are super chatty and offer advice.

Tsak and Falco only Highlight to display spoiler: { “My mother works in the library over in the Bibliogratree. The headmistress is a stickler for the rules. It is said that she is happier to have you removed then to allow you entry into the library. “My brother touched a book once,” said an attractive, young female centaur, “They slapped his hand and dragged him out of the library. }

“ ...You know that incident a couple months ago on the boat heading North of here? It was like that.”
“No way,” said the other centaur as they walked away.


Kiwina (Steve M) (16/16 HP | AC:14; Touch:11; Flat:12; CMD:15) | Status: None  d20+7=26 ; d20+7=12 ;
Thursday July 20th, 2017 8:10:15 PM

Rolls: Perception v 17 = 26; perception v 13 = 12

"Clayfus," Kiwina greets the liontaur. "If you don't mind, this young student," he points to Lomocia, "has agreed to show the archer and me something in the library here. The rest of us are around. Well, except for the bard."

Kiwina waits briefly to see if the liontaurs move aside, then adds, "I expect your quest is going well. All of you are still here, at least."

If the liontaurs do not actively move to block the small group of Petals, Kiwina will try passing them and going into the Bibliogratree. He has no interest in getting into a fight, but if an altercation removes the one of him and the eight of them from the grounds, they will at least have the worst of it.

Rolth Niheow (MarkBat) (16/16 HP | AC: 14; Touch: 11; Flat: 12; CMD: 17) | Glaive +3 1d10+4 x3 | Paws (2) +1 1d4+1 x2| Status: Recovered  d20+2=4 ;
Thursday July 20th, 2017 10:06:27 PM

Rolth will offer the young human in the temple a simple but quality tattoo of his choice, in return for this information. Perhaps a symbol of Domi or even a fanciful flute? He will show the lad some of his own work, and note that it will certainly not harm his bones, and might even toughen him up a bit! (Previously rolled a Diplomacy =16 for this attempt to gather information, as well as a Perception = 12 to look around the temple for items of interest)

Rolth will try to discern the honesty and credibility of any tale the fellow tells him (Sense Motive = 4)

Tsak Rezar (Damien) AC15 (T13/F12) 12/12 HP| Falchion +4 2D4+3|Status: None  d20=17 ;
Friday July 21st, 2017 4:43:43 AM

Tsak ponders the words of the centaurs, but they don't seem to offer much. He'll head toward any students or staff that he can gain eye contact with and try to engage them, then discuss the riddle. He figures that he has a fair chance of bluffing one of these pointy-heads into figuring out the answer. (Bluff = 17)

Falco Ambersier (Ryan M) (7/7 HP | AC: 13; Touch: 13; Flat: 11; CMD: 12) | 7/7 Acid Dart | Lt Crossbow +3 1d6 x2 | Status: Sickened 
Friday July 21st, 2017 8:41:09 AM

As the group leaves Falco tries to get in one last question before thanking the group "What does your mother look like and what is her name, so I will know her if we see her?" Falco thanks the group of students and heads to the Bibliogratree to let the others know what little he has come up with. When they are alone and away form other groups he will pass on the rumor.

"I did not get much but the headmistress is a bit of a rules fanatic it seems. I was told that a student was slapped on the hand and dragged out for touching a book that was not meant to be touched. I suggest we look for posted rules. If not my best advice is keep quite and don't touch things you don't have permission to."

Finnian (Zeke) (HP:11/11; AC: 16; Touch: 13; Flat: 13; CMD: 17) Status: Sickened  d20+6=26 ; d20+6=14 ; d20=16 ;
Friday July 21st, 2017 1:17:56 PM

[Perception 26,14 Pass, Pass]

Finnian overhears some choice information from the Liontaur group but keeps silent about it until they are
away from them. Looks like the blundered again, and it seems like this is the place that we are looking for. He thinks to himself.

Finnian takes up a position at the rear of the small group and is content on allowing Kiwina to do the talking.
He does whisper to Lomocia "We've met this group before, they weren't able to get a rose last time, looks like this time was no different" [bluff 16 to pass a secret message]

Lomocia (Koby) (HP:6/6; AC: 12; Touch: 10; Flat: 10; CMD: 10)   d20+2=5 ; d20+2=7 ;
Friday July 21st, 2017 5:22:57 PM

(Perception: 5)
(Perception: 7)
(OOC: failed both miserably lol)

Lomocia keeps her head down ignoring the Clayfus and his cronies. She picks up on Kiwina's little bluff and pretends to be completely oblivious to anything that may have anything to do with the Taurnament.

Matthew S. Co-DM - Rose Quest Day 15 - 1:00 (Co-DM Matt)   d20=8 ;
Friday July 21st, 2017 7:53:40 PM


Temple of Domi:

Rolth offers the young human a tattoo. The young man ponders the offer for a bit then says, “You promise?”
He doesn’t wait too long before he begins to explain that all the questers are heading to the library within the Bibliogratree. He tells you there is a gate somewhere within the library.

Over at the Bibliogratree:
Kiwina greets Clayfus and asks they they move from the entrance. Adds, "I expect your quest is going well. All of you are still here, at least."
“You didn’t answer the question, Ranger,” Clayfus responds. He then smacks the liontaur that brought up the pop quiz.
“What is your favorite color?” The liontaur says with a smile.
Finnian thinks to himself and whispers to Lomocia "We've met this group before, they weren't able to get a rose last time, looks like this time was no different"
Members from Clayfus’s group try to listen but fail to hear anything.
Lomocia plays along.

By the Universatree:
Tsak Rezar ponders the words of the centaurs but they don’t seem to offer much. He tries to find someone else to get answers from. The information you do gather from them points you to the Bibliogratree.
Falco asks about the young ones mother. “She is a bit tall, reddish mane, light brown coat, like me. Actually, I think she is the only red-headed centaur this side of the island. I am still a bit blond,” she says and she flirts with her hair. Falco then passes on the information he got from them to the group.

Kiwina (Steve M) (16/16 HP | AC:14; Touch:11; Flat:12; CMD:15) | Status: None 
Friday July 21st, 2017 9:03:44 PM

(OOC: Is the liontaur smiling like a Kzin?)

Kiwina will look for a path to the door of the Bibliogratree through which he can walk, and if the wemics leave one he will take it. Meanwhile, Kiwina tries to position himself where any students could enter the tree behind the wemics if they start getting in Kiwina's face. While taking this position, he answers.

"It's hard to say whether my favorite color is the blue of a cloudless day at sea, or the blue of the deep ocean when the sun is at your back. Given the ride we took to get here, I'm leaning towards the blue of the ocean."

Too bad they named themselves, he thinks, We could call them Poor Impulse Control.

Rolth Niheow (MarkBat) (16/16 HP | AC: 14; Touch: 11; Flat: 12; CMD: 17) | Glaive +3 1d10+4 x3 | Paws (2) +1 1d4+1 x2| Status: Recovered 
Friday July 21st, 2017 9:47:10 PM

Rolth thanks the young man, and tells him he is indeed serious. "Seek us out, the Eight Petaled Rose, after we have succeeded in this quest today, and I will indeed bestow this tattoo on you. Now, this gate you speak of. Is there a painting, mural, or some other such artwork showing clouds somewhere within the library? If so, where is it?" Perhaps having gained this last clue, Rolth will suggest that his companions at the Temple move with him to rejoin the others at the Library, and leads the way.



Sable (Don) (15/15 HP | AC: 15/17; Touch: 11; Flat: 13/15; CMD: 18) | Status: Stern  d20+1=9 ; d20+8=20 ; d20+6=24 ;
Saturday July 22nd, 2017 3:47:45 AM

Sable considers the young man, (sense motive 9) and believes him that he is being straight with Rolth. Sable will head over to the Bibliotree after waiting to hear his final answer to Rolth's question. Once arriving, he will again try his tracking skills to see where the large parties have gone inside that tree (Track - 20). He will also use Perception to look for any "clouds" that might be inside (Perception 24).

Gothruk Gore (Logan) AC 12 (T11/F10) 12/12HP |Guisarme +3 2D6+4| Status: None 
Saturday July 22nd, 2017 4:56:10 PM

Gothruk watches the talk between Rolth and the gentleman. 'He seems to have found the location of a gate with hardly any problem' he thinks. He doubted he'd be able to do anything similar between his size and scar it often leads to short and awkward convocation with strangers.

He'll suggest to Rolth that they leave immediately for the Bibliogrtaree. Wouldn't want the rest of the group to be finished by the time we get there.

Finnian (Zeke) (HP:11/11; AC: 16; Touch: 13; Flat: 13; CMD: 17) Status: None  d20=8 ; d20=4 ;
Sunday July 23rd, 2017 10:30:46 AM

"Why are they having us play this game," Finnian thanks to himself. "Is it just posturing, to show that they can, or does it have something to do with the rose quest? That would be an odd question if it was."
[Sense Motive 8]

"Could you just move your group Clayfus, This scholar needs to get in to do some research this morning," He motions to Lamocia
[Diplomacy = 4]

Rolth Niheow (MarkBat) (16/16 HP | AC: 14; Touch: 11; Flat: 12; CMD: 17) | Glaive +3 1d10+4 x3 | Paws (2) +1 1d4+1 x2| Status: Recovered  d20+6=10 ;
Sunday July 23rd, 2017 7:16:22 PM

'"Good idea, Gothruk!" Rolth enthuses. '"And hey, if Clayfus and his crew are menacing our comrades there, can I join you in a show of bravado to get them to back off? I think that you and I ought to be enough to put the fear of Domi in them, without actually drawing weapons or coming to blows. (OOC, Rolth means an intimidate check, in terms or game mechanics.) (intimidate = 10 to assist Success), if a check needed when we arrive)

Tsak Rezar (Damien) AC15 (T13/F12) 12/12 HP| Falchion +4 2D4+3|Status: None  d20+2=16 ;
Monday July 24th, 2017 7:36:44 AM

Tsak, making sure Falco is ready to go, heads over to the Bibliogratree, where it seems all the action is happening. Catching Rolth and Gothruk on the way he decides to lend a toothy leer to their show of bravado. (Intimidate = 16 to assist) However we have been warned that the Librarian, whom we must impress to get to the rose, is very strict. There must be no horseplay or noise within the confines of the Bibliogratree!

Click here to visit the Woldipedia Taur Islands game page.
Copyright © 1980-2017 WoldianGames. All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy - Terms of Service - Site Map - Contact Us - SRD
 
WoldianGames Homepage