WoldianGames Homepage WoldianGames Homepage
WoldianGames Homepage
  LOG ON

Bonetown

Click here to visit the Woldipedia Bonetown game page.

If you don't see new turns, Reload the page here

View Preference
30 Days2 Weeks1 Week2 Days

(Ed) Reggie | AC : 24 / Touch 20/ flat: 20 | HP: 154 / 154 | Rage used 4 /18 
Monday November 13th, 2017 5:21:54 PM

Reggie still walks awkwardly on the water, as it is not normal for her, having difficulty getting used to magic effects as usual.

eventually she meanders her way to dry land and feels more sure footed.

the greeting seemed pleasant but Reggie, at first, was having trouble remembering who this gnome was, but it eventually came back to her.

"Ahh, yeah, hi. " she says, not to good and being social. Reggie immediately goes to survey the other ship, mainly looking for supplies that could be used to make repairs to the Lionfish.

(StevenVdB) Aexana Gnome (S) HP96/96 - AC21/17/17 - CMD 22 and LEAFY (L) - HP50/50 - AC23/21/20 - CMD 20 
Monday November 13th, 2017 5:32:51 PM

(taking advantage of some extra posts)

Aex walks up to Terser and hugs her Dwarven friend: "Glad to see you again Master Terser... It's only two weeks since I finished the Journey my sect summoned me for and so I decided to board a merchant ship on its way to the Taur Isles... I had a sparkle of hope that I would find you all there like when we first met... Little was I thinking to get shipwrecked besides the Lionfish!! How is she holding? We're taking on water here..."

Next she hugs Rillet and Reggie and then the little purple-pink haired Gnome makes a little bow: "I see the crew of the Lionfish is growing strong. Well met Master... We have not met before and yet in Dire Storms new friends are found. Aexana is my name.
Crew mate of the Lionfish... Well... Former crewmate that is unless there's an empty hammoc for a little old lass..."



Zeoll (Cayzle) (AC29/31; HP47+34=81) 
Monday November 13th, 2017 6:19:39 PM

Zeoll is worried about getting even more lost. The seas hve been wild, and could grow even more so. He casts his Guiding Star spell, extended with his lesser metamagic rod, to give him an anchor in uncharted seas.

Then he calls to Tahni and Jozhur and stands at the shore to see what is going on with the other ship.

(MikeK)Bralin (AC35 / T15 / FF29)CMD 30 - HP 151/151) 
Monday November 13th, 2017 6:29:19 PM

Bralin looks on as Rill, Terser, Reggie and this gnome with multi-hued hair get reacquainted.

"Running into old companions seems to be a habit," he muses aloud.

Returning the gnome's bow with one of his own, the black armored dwarf responds,
"Well met, Aexana. I am Bralin Stoneminder."

(Brock) Jozhur AC24 (Current AC: 28) / Touch 17/Flat 17--CMD 27--HP105/105 ---------Shadow companion: 53/53 HP 
Monday November 13th, 2017 8:57:42 PM

Jozhur has begun looking for repair material to salvage when Zeoll calls to him. He rushes toward the Liontaur to see what the fuss is about.

DM Kathy 
Monday November 13th, 2017 10:21:37 PM

Out on the beach, the water walkers have discovered an old friend! Well, an old friend to some of them; Bralin introduces himself to the gnome woman named Aexanna.

Meanwhile, Zeoll casts a spell to help him keep a sense of direction, and asks Jozhur to find out what's going on with the other ship.

Meanwhile, the storm is definitely abating. It struck during the afternoon, and although you seem to have spent lifetimes fighting it, it is in fact still the same afternoon now, though much later. The sun is setting, but you still have at least an hour of daylight left. The Lionfish is not presently seaworthy, but luckily isn't taking on water. Aexana's ship, the Gray Tern is not quite so fortunate; she is taking on water, but the pace has slowed considerably now that the waves are smaller. Several of her crew are bailing while the others assess the possibility of repairs.

You can tell at a glance that there are no resources to be had on this tiny bump of an island. Nothing grows here, and there doesn't seem to be any source of fresh water. Both ships will need to effect repairs using just what they have on hand.

(StevenVdB) Aexana Gnome (S) HP96/96 - AC21/17/17 - CMD 22 and LEAFY (L) - HP50/50 - AC23/21/20 - CMD 20  d20+14=18 ; d20+20=38 ; d20+20=31 ;
Tuesday November 14th, 2017 1:26:46 AM

When Zeoll, Jozhur and Tahni approach, Aexana smiles and repeats her welcoming hug to both Zeoll and Jozhur followed by a gentle bow to Tahni who she has not met before.

"There's nothing I can do to mend these ships tonight but if we can keep both ships afloat during the night I could meditate some Warp Wood chants in the morning... this would allow me to fix the holes in both boats.

Or... no... it doesn't sound a good plan to use wood from one ship to mend the other... but... wait... do you think more ships were surprised by this Atoll? Perhaps there are wreckages below the surf where we could salvage some wood? "


(know nature - 18 / Perception 38 / Survival 31)

RobC - Tahni Wyrmrider -- AC 20/13/17 -- CMD 19 -- HP 125/125 
Tuesday November 14th, 2017 5:59:18 AM

Tahni gives a smile and nod back to Aexana. This crew seemed to know everyone!

"Uh, Tahni Wyrmrider. Friend of Terser" she extends a hand to shake "Bloodwitch and Wizard"

She finds she is severely ill-equipped to deal with repairing a stricken vessel "Just not something I thought I'd be doing today" she decides.

"I can mend some of the broken planks back together, but that's probably about it" Tahni has a Mending cantrip she can cast as often as needed provided the object is under 10lbs. Her Break cantrip would probably be counter-productive.

"Should.. should we do something to stop your ship from sinking?"

(Brock) Jozhur AC24 (Current AC: 28) / Touch 17/Flat 17--CMD 27--HP105/105 ---------Shadow companion: 53/53 HP  d20+11=20 ;
Tuesday November 14th, 2017 4:57:44 PM

Jozhur examines the Lionfish carefully. "Perhaps there is some not so important lumber we could use to patch her up well enough for now, at least until morning."

When he finally sees Aexanna, he scoops her up and gives the little gal a big hug, "I was hoping we'd bumping into you again! Of course we have room, you don't take up very much."

Profession sailor: 20

(MikeK)Bralin (AC35 / T15 / FF29)CMD 30 - HP 151/151) 
Tuesday November 14th, 2017 6:07:02 PM

Bralin waits. He was going to mention combining the ships, but as that possibility has been covered, the dwarf has nothing else to offer at this time.

Terser (Warren) [AC22/13/19 - CMD 30 - HP 172/172, DR 1/-] (25% no crit, rage 30/30, channel 5/5) 
Tuesday November 14th, 2017 8:12:59 PM

Terser suggests wrapping the spare canvas around the hulls of the ships and sealing the edges with tar, to hopefully hold until morning when Aexana can call upon her woodworking magics.

Zeoll (Cayzle) (AC29/31; HP47+34=81) 
Tuesday November 14th, 2017 8:36:26 PM


Zeoll smiles hugely to meet again with an old friend. "Trruly, these storrmclouds do have a silverr lining in that they have blown us togetherr!" He catches Aexana up with all that has happened since the last time we were all together.

(Ed) Reggie | AC : 24 / Touch 20/ flat: 20 | HP: 154 / 154 | Rage used 4 /18 
Tuesday November 14th, 2017 8:52:51 PM

after looking over both ships and the damage.

"seem best choice is to salvage this ship, indicating the Gray Tern, use that to get the Lionfish seaworthy. she the least damaged."

then we can put to sea to find land better suited to re-provisioning.



DM Kathy 
Tuesday November 14th, 2017 10:31:49 PM

Aexanna discovers that many of her former crewmates are still serving aboard the Lionfish! And there's room for her, if she wants to rejoin them!

The rest of the group is now turning to the problem of the damaged ships. Both ships, of course, carry spare lumber for repairs, and if that isn't enough, lumber from less crucial parts of the ship can be re-purposed for patching. The process will take time, of course, and will probably involve working by lamplight well into the night.

For now, though, it's still daylight, although it's getting late. Terser can see that some of the Gray Tern crew have had the same idea he had, and are using canvas and tar to form a temporary patch to keep the water out. The Lionfish could take similar measures, but it doesn't appear to be necessary at the moment.

For now, the storm has passed and the skies are clear apart from a few puffy clouds chasing across the sky. On the atoll, little crabs are coming up out of the water, possibly disoriented from the storm, or possibly seeking food here on land. There sure are a lot of little crabs, though. An awful lot of little crabs.

Rill (MarkB) HP 111/111 - AC 25/15/23 CMD 23 
Tuesday November 14th, 2017 11:44:11 PM

Rill raises an eyebrow as Tahni identifies herself as a bloodwitch, but says nothing. She has been a good and loyal companion, and she is a friend of Terser's. That's certainly enough for Rill at this point.

He turns his attention to the gnome. "Aex! It's really good to see you! So you were headed to the Taur islands to find us? Looks like you've fulfilled your mission. Please feel free to accompany us back to the Lionfish. When you gather your things, please ask your captain if he needs any help."

"Yech. What's up with all these crabs?"

(StevenVdB) Aexana Gnome (S) HP96/96 - AC21/17/17 - CMD 22 and LEAFY (L) - HP50/50 - AC23/21/20 - CMD 20  d20+14=17 ; d20+17=34 ; d4=4 ; d4=2 ;
Wednesday November 15th, 2017 5:14:31 AM

Aexana monitors the crab swarm and tries to discern if this is just a natural phenomena (know nature 17) but she's not certain if it is... talking to these crabs probably won't help... the Greenmage expects to hear nothing but "Food...food... food" but none the less she tries (Aex casts Speak with Animals)...

"What's up?! Where are you heading"

(assuming we're not in combat round mode Aex readies an action)

Depending on the response, Aex readies a Gust of Wind spell... if the crabs draw closer or seem to have hostile intentions Aex will evoke a Gust of Wind hoping to knock back the swarm! It might buy the shipwrecked group some time to find a crab-cake recipe... Plan is to evoke the wind so that it knocks back the entire front of crabs away from the group.

(Gust of Wind, Evocation + Air domain cast at CL17 - Fortitude DC22 negates - SR34 - If failed the crabs (assuming they are tiny or smaller) are knocked back 40ft and take 8HP non lethal damage.

Leafy observes the crabs from a safe distance... tiny crawling things he doesn't like too much...

-----------------------------------------------
POTION INVENTORY: see char sheet
------------------------------------------------
SPELL LIST ( * = cast / A = AIR domain CL+4 DC+2 / ALL ELSE CL-2 / E = EVOCATION DC+1):
------------------------------------------------
4 x Lvl 0: Flare (E), Light (E), Detect Magic, Know Direction
6 x Lvl 1: Create Water, Detect animals or plants, Produce Flame (E), Entangle, Faerie Fire (E), Cure Light Wounds + Obscuring Mist
6 x Lvl 2: Soften Earth and Stone, Flaming Sphere (E), Flaming Sphere (E), Gust of Wind (E+A), Gust of Wind (E+A), Animal Trance + Fog Cloud
6 x Lvl 3: Call Lightning (E+A), Water Breathing, Wind Wall (E+A), Daylight (E), Sleet Storm, Sleet Storm + Call Lightning (E+A)
5 x Lvl 4: Ball Lightning (E+A), Flame Strike (E), Control Water, Cure Serious Wounds, Dispel Magic + Sleet Storm
4 x Lvl 5: Stoneskin, Stoneskin, Call Lightning Storm (E+A), Wall of Fire (E) + Ice Storm (E)
3 x Lvl 6: Transport via plants, Bull's Strength Mass, Find the Path + Control Winds (A)
2 x Lvl 7: Sunbeam (E), Heal + Control Weather
------------------------------------------------
1/day: Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound, Prestidigitation, *Speak With Animals.
10/day: Storm Burst 1d6+6
1/day: Lightning Lord (13 bolts)
13/rounds: Wooden Fist +6 damage
13/rounds: Bramble Armor 1d6+6
----------------------------------------------

RobC - Tahni Wyrmrider -- AC 20/13/17 -- CMD 19 -- HP 125/125  d20+24=35 ; d20+16=23 ;
Wednesday November 15th, 2017 5:15:56 AM

"If they were bigger we could probably make a nice bisque" Tahni half-heartedly jokes.

She knows that crabs don't usually move in such numbers. They're either driven to something, or driven FROM something.

Tahni looks out at the sea trying to find the source of what might be motivating these crabs...

Perception: 35
Knowl Nature: 23 to think of what might be causing the crabs to move


Zeoll (Cayzle) (AC29/31; HP47+34=81) 
Wednesday November 15th, 2017 10:54:12 AM


Zeoll asks Aexana if she can talk with these crabs. Something is up with them for sure.

Terser (Warren) [AC22/13/19 - CMD 30 - HP 172/172, DR 1/-] (25% no crit, rage 30/30, channel 5/5) 
Wednesday November 15th, 2017 7:17:24 PM

Never one to pass up a meal, Terser drops down a trap for whatever crabs may take the bait. "Even if there's not enough meat for eating, the shells will sure make a tasty stock!"

If something is chasing the crabs this way, he just hopes it isn't another giant frog demon. Two in one lifetime is plenty.

(MikeK)Bralin (AC35 / T15 / FF29)CMD 30 - HP 151/151) 
Wednesday November 15th, 2017 8:39:37 PM

Bralin looks about at the growing number of crabs, and has a flashback to a near fatal encounter in the caves.

"If these creatures are meat eaters, we must needs get one of these boats into deeper water very, very soon," he opines.

(Ed) Reggie | AC : 24 / Touch 20/ flat: 20 | HP: 154 / 154 | Rage used 4 /18 
Wednesday November 15th, 2017 9:06:13 PM

As people go about their business, Reggie wonders if she is actually speaking. looking toward the approaching crab swarm, Reggie gets a look of dread.

She quickly climbs aboard the closest ship (the Grey Tarn) in this case, she really offers no warning as nobody would hear her anyway.



Rill (MarkB) HP 111/111 - AC 25/15/23 CMD 23 
Wednesday November 15th, 2017 9:23:44 PM

Why does Reggie feel she is not being listened to?

(Brock) Jozhur AC24 (Current AC: 28) / Touch 17/Flat 17--CMD 27--HP105/105 ---------Shadow companion: 53/53 HP  d20+21=32 ; d20+27=45 ;
Wednesday November 15th, 2017 9:39:53 PM

Seeing the crabs puts Jozhur on alert. He may not know much about sea life, but he does not believe this is normal. He follows Reggie and scampers aboard the Gray Tern. Thinking quickly, he produces the elephant statue they had just won, "What are they up to Aex? I can send this elephant to make crab cakes." Jozhur looks around for some sort of explanation of what is going on.

Jozhur also makes himself scarce, seemingly disappearing as he goes to the stern of the ship.

Perception: 32
Stealth: 45 (hide in plain sight)

DM Kathy 
Wednesday November 15th, 2017 10:41:57 PM

Seeing the crabs, Aexana tries to cast Speak with Animals, a Divination spell. And it does not go as expected. Rather than being able to understand the crabs as they share their crabby thoughts with one another, Aexana begins to think she is a crab, and must scuttle along with her fellow crabs as fast as she can! She is angry! And hungry! And frightened! Aexana, make a DC 12 Will save or join the crab swarms!

For they are swarms, and they begin swarming along the beach. For such seasoned adventurers as the Black Lions, they are not much of a threat, and you start thinking about bisque recipes.

But there are also ordinary sailors on the beach, crew of the Gray Tern and the Lionfish, and they don't have your resources. Before you quite realize what has happened, three sailors are swarmed by tiny crabs! The sailors cry out in pain as tiny pincers pinch! Other sailors try to come to their rescue by whacking the crabs with oars, or just stomping on them, but the crabs are so little they aren't making much of a dent.

We are in combat rounds. Here is your map.

(Brock) Jozhur AC24 (Current AC: 28) / Touch 17/Flat 17--CMD 27--HP105/105 ---------Shadow companion: 53/53 HP  2d8+15=23 ;
Thursday November 16th, 2017 1:09:42 AM

Jozhur tosses the elephant statue on the ground and yells "Tusker! Clear the beach everyone! These crabs have gone mad!" He then retrieves a rope from his bag and begins tying it off for everyone to climb up.

--------------------------------
Use Marble Elephant Figurine of Wondrous Power: Toss onto the ground over all the crew members heads if this is possible

Can the elephant act this round? If so, Jozhur directs it to begin trampling the crab swarms while avoiding people.

The trample, if applicable, deals 23 damage with a reflex save DC 25 for half damage.

(StevenVdB) Aexana Gnome (S) HP96/96 - AC21/17/17 - CMD 22 and LEAFY (L) - HP50/50 - AC23/21/20 - CMD 20  d20+20=21 ;
Thursday November 16th, 2017 3:39:16 AM

Aexana is completely baffled how her spell fumbles... so baffled she even fails to shake of the bewitching effect of the swarm... (Will save 21 - NATURAL 1). The little Gnome sure proves to be a fine help to the Black LIons... she sits down on all fours, with her belly upward and... well... starts to crawl around as fast as she can with the rest of the Crab Swarm... Angry... Hungry... Frightened...
Not sure how long this effect will last... nor if she has any control of direction she's heading. Just hope that elephant doesn't trample her.

Oh joy... this is one tale that will be told around the campfire for a long time... "Remember how we saw Aex scuttling around with that crab swarm!! WHOEEHAHAHA... "

OOC - too funny to waste a perfectly good Hero Point on :-)


-----------------------------------------------
POTION INVENTORY: see char sheet
------------------------------------------------
SPELL LIST ( * = cast / A = AIR domain CL+4 DC+2 / ALL ELSE CL-2 / E = EVOCATION DC+1):
------------------------------------------------
4 x Lvl 0: Flare (E), Light (E), Detect Magic, Know Direction
6 x Lvl 1: Create Water, Detect animals or plants, Produce Flame (E), Entangle, Faerie Fire (E), Cure Light Wounds + Obscuring Mist
6 x Lvl 2: Soften Earth and Stone, Flaming Sphere (E), Flaming Sphere (E), Gust of Wind (E+A), Gust of Wind (E+A), Animal Trance + Fog Cloud
6 x Lvl 3: Call Lightning (E+A), Water Breathing, Wind Wall (E+A), Daylight (E), Sleet Storm, Sleet Storm + Call Lightning (E+A)
5 x Lvl 4: Ball Lightning (E+A), Flame Strike (E), Control Water, Cure Serious Wounds, Dispel Magic + Sleet Storm
4 x Lvl 5: Stoneskin, Stoneskin, Call Lightning Storm (E+A), Wall of Fire (E) + Ice Storm (E)
3 x Lvl 6: Transport via plants, Bull's Strength Mass, Find the Path + Control Winds (A)
2 x Lvl 7: Sunbeam (E), Heal + Control Weather
------------------------------------------------
1/day: Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound, Prestidigitation, * Speak With Animals.
10/day: Storm Burst 1d6+6
1/day: Lightning Lord (13 bolts)
13/rounds: Wooden Fist +6 damage
13/rounds: Bramble Armor 1d6+6
----------------------------------------------

(StevenVdB) Aexana Gnome (S) HP96/96 - AC21/17/17 - CMD 22 and LEAFY (L) - HP50/50 - AC23/21/20 - CMD 20  d20+8=20 ;
Thursday November 16th, 2017 3:43:32 AM

Forgot to act for Leafy though...

Leafy notices how Aex goes insane. If he's able to, he'll try to catch Aex out of the swarm and drag her aboard the nearest ship to help her regain her senses...
CMB to grapple Aex 20 - but Aex's CMD is 22 so Leafy fails to catch her. He shakes of any crabs that take an interest in him.

Somehow you get the impression there's a hint of a smile on Leafy's face...

RobC - Tahni Wyrmrider -- AC 20/13/17 -- CMD 19 -- HP 125/125  3d6=5 ;
Thursday November 16th, 2017 6:02:56 AM

"Sooo... that gnome girl is a little weird" Tahni raises an eyebrow as she looks to Zeoll.

She turns her attention back to the swarms, casting a Flaming Sphere

"Get to high ground if you can!" she calls to the nearby sailors.

Tahni moves away from the swarms, hoping they prefer the taste of taur.

-----------------------
Cast Flaming Sphere. 5 pts damage to the swarm. 3d6=5? Ref Save vs DC21 for no damage

Terser (Warren) [AC22/13/19 - CMD 30 - HP 172/172, DR 1/-] (25% no crit, rage 30/30, channel 5/5)  d20+16=36 ; d20+6=13 ;
Thursday November 16th, 2017 11:54:16 AM

Seeing Aexana scuttling around like a madwoman on the beach, Terser jumps down and grabs her by the robes, shaking her a bit.

initiate grapple - Nat 20 vs CMD 36

This is no time to go native! My weapons can't hurt these crabs, so we need some of your fancy lightning! He yells at the crews still on the boats. If any of you have flasks of fire or acid, toss those onto the crabs. That should give them something to chew on besides your mates!

Zeoll (Cayzle) (AC29/31; HP47+34=81)  d20+2=18 ; d20+9=19 ;
Thursday November 16th, 2017 3:54:58 PM


Zeoll dashes over to help the leafy thing hold on to Aex. He moves 40 ft north and then Aids Another to grapple ... a 19 beats the required DC10, so hopefully that gives Leafy the +2 it needs to grab its master.

"Aex! Don't be so crrabby!" the old liontaur shouts.

(MikeK)Bralin (AC35 / T15 / FF29)CMD 30 - HP 151/151) 
Thursday November 16th, 2017 5:58:08 PM

Activating his winged boots, Bralin flies toward the crew of the other ship, and reaches down, intending to carry a pair of them up to the ship.

(Brock) Jozhur AC24 (Current AC: 28) / Touch 17/Flat 17--CMD 27--HP105/105 ---------Shadow companion: 53/53 HP 
Thursday November 16th, 2017 7:00:14 PM

Jozhur is rather surprised by Aex's mental episode. He wonders what happened to the poor lass while she's been away.

Rill (MarkB) HP 111/111 - AC 25/15/23 CMD 23 
Thursday November 16th, 2017 10:47:52 PM

Rill moves quickly to the farthest crew, and then uses Dimensional Hop to get them both aboard them ship. (moved on map)

"Oh. Hi Jozhur. How'd you get Terser's elephant?"

DM Kathy  d20+4=20 ; d20=15 ; d20=20 ; d20=11 ; d20=2 ; d20=7 ; d6=5 ; d6=6 ; d6=4 ; d6=1 ; d6=2 ; d6=1 ;
Thursday November 16th, 2017 11:16:29 PM

Jozhur activates the Marble Elephant you just acquired in Dirt City. The now-living pachyderm attempts to trample the crabs, but alas, they are too tiny. Jozhur begins knotting a rope so the sailors can climb up.

Aexana, to everyone's surprise (not least the DM's!) begins scuttling about with the crabs! Her companion, Leafy, attempts to grab her but fails, apparently because Aexana really is a tiny crab at this point. Or something.

Terser has better luck, and is able to keep the gnome from joining the crabs. Zeoll joins in to help.

Tahni retreats a short ways before casting a Flaming Sphere. The purple swarm is scorched!

Bralin flies over to assist some of the crew.

The sailors scatter, trying to get away from the swarms. The purple swarm flees from the Flaming Sphere.

The red swarm scuttles over to where Terser and Zeoll are! They take 11 points of swarm damage, and must succeed at a DC 14 Fortitude save or become nauseated for 1 round.

The green swarm goes after the elephant! It takes 5 damage, and must also succeed at a DC 14 Fortitude save or become nauseated for 1 round. [Elephant stats are here. You're welcome. :) ]

The brown swarm goes after Leafy! Leafy takes 3 damage (I'm rolling like Tahni now), and must succeed at a DC 14 Fortitude save or be nauseated for 1 round.

Aexana is restrained, but still seems to think she's a crab.

And the map.

(StevenVdB) Aexana Gnome (S) HP96/96 - AC21/17/17 - CMD 22 and LEAFY (L) - HP50/50 - AC23/21/20 - CMD 20  d20+6=22 ; d20+10=29 ; d20+11=31 ; d20+14=18 ; d20+14=20 ; 3d6+4=15 ; 3d6+4=16 ; d8=6 ; d8=4 ;
Friday November 17th, 2017 4:50:22 AM

Crabxana is terrified being grappled by Terser! Her attempts to wriggle free are futile... (CMB check 22 - no succes vs Terser's CMD 30)

Instead she uses her pincers... hands that is... to snap at Terser's nose... (snap barehanded at Terser's nose hits AC29 - Aex's BAB is +10 but I'm assuming this needs some penalties - none the less 29 is far higher than Terser's AC22...) Crabxana grabs hold of Terser's nose and closes her pincer... hand... All Terser gets is a red nose... Crabxana is going through an identity crisis... She might need a slap in the face...

Leafy is annoyed by the swarming crabs... his DR5/Slashing makes the Crabs unable to damage the large plant. He's not impressed by the crabs at all and shakes of the nauseating effects (Fort Save 21 - Nat 20)
Seeing Crabxana is in good hands he wildly slams around hoping to shake the crabs... He then makes a 5ft step back towards the ships allowing the others either to retreat or find a way to get rid of these swarms...

Slam hits AC18 - damage 15 + 6 thundering
Slam hits AC20 - damage 16 + 4 thundering
Not sure though if slam attacks will help...


RobC - Tahni Wyrmrider -- AC 20/13/17 -- CMD 19 -- HP 125/125  3d6=14 ; 10d6=39 ;
Friday November 17th, 2017 6:13:31 AM

Tahni moves the flaming sphere to follow the swarm.

The others look to be having trouble hitting the crabs, so she sends a fireball to the west, just enough to catch the brown swarm. Hey, if it's worth burning, it's worth a fireball. She's pretty sure that was the advertisement in the scroll shop.

-------------------
Flaming Sphere: 14 pts damage to the swarm. Ref Save vs DC21 for no damage

Fireball: 39pts fire damage to the brown swarm. Ref Save vs DC21 for half


Zeoll (Cayzle) (AC29/31; 70 of 81hp)  d20+9=12 ;
Friday November 17th, 2017 5:35:16 PM


Zeoll rolls a 12 on his save; that's a 14 if the grabs are evil. If not, he is nauseated, and is unable to attack, cast spells, concentrate on spells, or do anything else requiring attention. The only action he can take is a single move action per turn.

The old liontaur moves 40 ft to the southwest. Hopefully the crabs will not pursue. He hopes he will not be nauseated after he has a sec to catch his breath.

(Brock) Jozhur AC24 (Current AC: 28) / Touch 17/Flat 17--CMD 27--HP105/105 ---------Shadow companion: 53/53 HP  d20+13=31 ; d20+21=30 ; 2d8+15=23 ;
Friday November 17th, 2017 8:35:16 PM

The elephant appears rather annoyed by the crabs. Swatting them off with it's tail, the beast continues its effort to trample the crabs into crab crisps. Hopefully it at lease gives the crabs something else to chew on.

Meanwhile, Jozhur continues his effort with the rope to haul sailors up out of harm's way. He also looks around for any clue about what is happening. In doing so, he notices Aex wrestling Terser and grabbing his nose. He ponders whether this is some strange Gnomish courtship ritual and whether this was really a good time for such a thing.

-----------------------------------------------
Elephant: 88/93 HP, Fort save +13
Trample attack vs brown swarm, 23 damage

Perception: 30

Terser (Warren) [AC22/13/19 - CMD 30 - HP 162/172, DR 1/-] (25% no crit, rage 30/30, channel 5/5)  d20+15=21 ; d6=3 ; d20+17=29 ;
Friday November 17th, 2017 8:51:05 PM

fort save 21, dr reduced damage to 10

The crabs nibble at his feet as Aexana crab pinches his nose. [b]Hey! I need that! Holding her under his arm, Terser aims his ring at the swarm and blasts them with a wave of force. 3 damage and Bull Rush of 29 Hoping they are blasted back, he moves back towards the boats with his Aex-ball.

(MikeK)Bralin (AC35 / T15 / FF29)CMD 30 - HP 151/151) 
Saturday November 18th, 2017 9:59:49 AM

"Hold on!" Bralin commands two of the crewmen, reaching down.

Clasping their forearms in a vise like grip, the dwarf flies to the deck of the nearby ship.

(Ed) Reggie | AC : 24 / Touch 20/ flat: 20 | HP: 154 / 154 | Rage used 4 /18  d20+16=31 ;
Sunday November 19th, 2017 7:34:52 PM

Unsure what to do, Reggie has never experienced anything like this before. her best bet is to assist Jozhur getting people to safety.

eventually she has an idea, she searches the hold for lamp oil casks or even casks of tar, anything that would most likely be flammable.

{perception roll = 31}

DM Kathy  d20+4=14 ; d20+4=23 ; d6=3 ; d6=3 ; d4=3 ; d6=5 ; d6=1 ;
Sunday November 19th, 2017 10:14:27 PM

Aexana, still under the impression that she is a crab, tries to pinch Terser. He protests, and takes a moment to use his Ring of the Ram. The pulse of force kicks up some sand, but doesn't seem to have any other effect.

Meanwhile, Leafy, unaffected by the swarm's Distraction ability, begins stomping around. As before, his stomps don't seem to do much damage--but the resulting thunderclaps do seem to hurt the swarms.

Tahni keeps chasing the crab swarm with her Flaming Sphere, and it does more damage. She lobs a fireball at another swarm, maybe a bit too close to Leafy for comfort, but hey, we're all friends here! The crabs kind of dodge out of the way, but it's not enough. Most of them turn to crispy crab critters, and the rest scuttle away. The beach is starting to smell like a seafood restaurant.

Zeoll is affected by the swarm's Distraction (the crabs are not evil), so all he can do is move away. The swarms seem to move pretty slowly, so he's probably safe for a round or two at least.

Jozhur and Bralin continue to rescue crew while the elephant continues to trample. He isn't really hurting the crabs, but he seems to be drawing their attention away from the crew, so that's something.

Reggie starts looking for something that will burn. She locates several flasks of lamp-oil immediately. There is a barrel of tar, probably too heavy for Reggie to move by herself.

The crabs swarm! The green ones go after the elephant again, doing 6 points of damage. The elephant must make another DC 14 Fortitude save or be nauseated for a round.

The red crabs swarm Jozhur! That's 6 damage and a DC 14 Fortitude save.

The purple crabs flee into the ocean! They're still there, but they're not attacking anybody--yet.

From his elevated position, Bralin notices that there is something moving underneath the waves. Something pretty big.

Rill (MarkB) HP 111/111 - AC 25/15/23 CMD 23  d20+31=39
Monday November 20th, 2017 1:59:02 AM

Rill can sense that Aex is not just playing around and will cast Break Enchantment on the little gnome.

(Sense Motive 39)

RobC - Tahni Wyrmrider -- AC 20/13/17 -- CMD 19 -- HP 125/125  3d6=14 ;
Monday November 20th, 2017 5:19:26 AM

Tahni looks about. She waits until one of the nearby swarms are free and moves her flaming sphere over them

(Delay action until noone is in the same square as the nearest swarm. Move the flaming sphere over to it. 14 pts damage to the swarm. Ref Save vs DC21 for no damage)

(StevenVdB) Aexana Gnome (S) HP96/96 - AC21/17/17 - CMD 22 and LEAFY (L) - HP50/50 - AC23/21/20 - CMD 20  d20+6=22 ; d20+14=18 ; d20+14=25 ; 3d6+4=13 ; 3d6+4=17 ; d8=4 ; d8=2 ;
Monday November 20th, 2017 11:33:49 AM

Crabxana suddenly goes all stiff in Terser's arms... she notices how her kin is being fireballed... she's terrified!! Is that the fate that awaits her too?!? "NO! she shouts and makes another attempt to break free. (CMB check 22 - no success)

Leafy looks around to see if there are more crabs still around... he looks for his master and walks up to Terser hoping she'll snap out of her weird status soon... just to his north crabs are feasting upon the Elephant so with his 10ft reach he makes a couple of slams again.

Slam hits AC18 - damage 13 + 4 HP Thundering
Slam hits AC25 - damage 17 + 2 HP Thundering

(ooc - thanks Rill for trying to get Aex back to her senses)



Zeoll (Cayzle) (AC29/31; 70 of 81hp)  d20+2=20 ; d20+15=21 ;
Monday November 20th, 2017 1:11:04 PM


Zeoll, no longer as sick to his tum-tum, takes out his Pipes of the Sewers and starts playing it. His Perform (winds) check is a 21. Hopefully there will be rodents hiding on the beach, but at the least, the old liontaur expects he will be able to call swarms from the two ships. But how long will they take to appear?

Either way, he is amused at the idea of pitting swarm vs swarm!

Click here to visit the Woldipedia Bonetown game page.
Copyright © 1980-2017 WoldianGames. All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy - Terms of Service - Site Map - Contact Us - SRD
 
WoldianGames Homepage