WoldianGames Homepage WoldianGames Homepage
WoldianGames Homepage
  LOG ON

Agents of the Fist

Click here to visit the Woldipedia Agents of the Fist game page.

If you don't see new turns, Reload the page here

View Preference
30 Days2 Weeks1 Week2 Days

Pompous AC 25 CMD 25/20, HP 87/87  d20+12=18 ; d20+8=18 ;
Monday November 13th, 2017 2:25:10 PM

ooc> First role is reflex 18 ( not really needed), the second is a knowledge nature role (18)

" Well, you don't have to be a ranger to know that cracks forming in the earth is not a good thing!!
[Knowledge role to try to determine how the cracks are being created. "



Doom! 
Monday November 13th, 2017 4:46:25 PM

The winds continue to whip and howl around the citadel, buildings, and the town. The winds continue to make substantial noise, still making conversation very difficult. A dim light starts to brighten the sky, as if the clouds have thinned out and the light of the sun is trying to break through. There are no signs of clouds, however. The air is filled with dust, small bits of rocks, and small debris is blowing around colliding into various walls, animals, and people. The wall of ice seems to be holding back the burning logs, and the rest of the embers have started to blow away into the air. The strong winds seem to be enough to keep the fire from spreading at this point, and Michael runs to put out any bits of ember that continue to glow nearby. The bottom of the ice wall is starting to gather additional debris and junk from the winds.

Anna yells out for ideas while Nikolai takes the unconscious old man to the group gathered by the Hippo-Anna. Akir flies above in the wind, having to work to keep his place and not get blown away with the other debris. The group has started to gather on the far side of the main road south, just south of the main crossroads in the town. The citadel stands at the southwest corner of the crossroads and the outdoor area with the seats is also on that side of the crossroads. The road continues off to the south, towards the keep from where the agents had just visited. Roads lead to the west, off to the lands of the vampire and other towns; and to the east, towards the lands that had belonged to the witchfire.

Pompous looks over the cracks and tries to determine information about them. He has heard rumors of things called earthquakes, but he had never seen one up close. He can only guess that is what he is seeing at the earth moves around them. The waves of the earth calm, but only because the focus seems to be on the cracks in the south road. The lands on both sides of the crack shake as if on a wagon with a flat wheel as the crack starts to widen! Looking at the crack, there is only darkness into the crack and there is no telling how far down the crack might go, or what might be found in the massive hole. The crack starts near the crossroads and heads down the road as far as the eye can see. The crack is widening rapidly, a foot across near the crossroads, but already five feet across just a hundred yards down the road. It appears as if the earth is eating the very road itself. People, having spotted the crack, are now moving back towards the other buildings in the town and down the roads, both east and west.

There is a small row of buildings along the south road. There is a blacksmith shop, a general store, and a vegetable supply store where farmers come to trade their wares. Behind each of the shops is a smaller building, likely houses. There are also a couple other buildings along the road where others might live or stay when they are in town. These buildings are all shaking as the earth opens up. There are no people currently visible in those buildings either because they are inside and do not want to come out or because they have already fled the area.

OOC:
Flying requires a fly check, DC 12 to remain steady. Failure means you are blown away in the wind.
Flying combat maneuvers require a DC 15 fly check.
Casting a spell while flying in this wind requires a concentration check, DC 15+spell level
Casting a spell while on the ground requires a concentration check of DC 15 + spell level due to the movement.
Casting a spell with verbal components while on the ground requires an additional percentage check with a 20% chance of spell failure due to the wind noise.
Conversation can only be heard by yelling.


Anna Morphling[Hawk] (Hugh C) -- 30/19/24 HP 66/76 -- CMD 24  d20+15=29 ;
Monday November 13th, 2017 8:48:08 PM

Anna yells, "Someone needs to warn those people in the houses about what is coming. My Hippo form isn't doing much good but maybe if I turn into something that can fly I can get there in time to warn them!"

Anna takes another full round action to shift her form once again. Her Hippo bulk starts to recede and she sheds those unwanted pounds like mad. Where once a huge Hippo stood now stands a tiny hawk instead.

She yells, "I'm going to warn the people in those homes!"

If she can she'll take off flying towards the homes and shops screaming at the top of her hawk lungs for the people to flee.

"There's a crack in the earth that could swallow your buildings, get out of there now!!!!"

(Fly 29)

Haste: +1 extra attack on full attack action, +1 attack, +1 dodge AC, +1 dodge Reflex, +30 feet movement speed
Beast Shape III - Form of Hawk : 7 min [62 rounds]
Tiny Animal
+4 dex,
-2 str,
+1 natural armor,
+2 AC,
+2 attack,
+8 stealth,
+4 fly
-2 CMB/CMD,
space 2-½ ft
reach 0 ft.
10 foot base speed,
fly 90 feet(avg),
low-light vision,
2 talons+12(1d4+2)
Current Fly Skill bonus is +15



Prudence Gundle 
Monday November 13th, 2017 10:10:27 PM

Pru offers a silent prayer of thanks to Domi that her wall was cast successfully, and was able to keep the embers off the buildings. After a moment's thought, she makes a similar silent prayer to Wardd.

But there are more immediate problems. "Get to shelter!" she calls to the people around her. "Avoid the south road, but get inside, someplace! Go to the Citadel itself if you have to!"

She turns to Nikolai. "Should we lead people to the Citadel, do you think? It's pretty sturdy."

Trayvin AC 30/15 touch Hp 65/86(BrianZ) 
Monday November 13th, 2017 10:14:20 PM

"Well, it's probably better than staying out in the open."

Nikolai (JonathanT) AC 22 Tch 21 Ffted 19 HP 57/78 CMD 27/29(Grapple)  
Monday November 13th, 2017 10:21:14 PM

"Well, at least make the offer. Whether it is safer or not I don't know, but I do know that if it isn't and many die, I don't want to be the one to lead them there. If they choose to follow us and come on their own, they are welcome," Nikolai answer's Pru.

He abstains from warning Anna the difficulty in flying in these conditions as she is set to see about warning anyone in those buildings near the crack. The ground is too unsteady for him to follow at any decent speed.

Sigvar Ironhorn (David F) AC 27(30) (T 12(15), FF 25(28)) CMD 29(32) HP 114/114 Character Sheet  d20+14=15 ; d20+8=12 ; d20+15=23 ; d20+4=5 ;
Monday November 13th, 2017 10:27:15 PM

Sigvar sighs. This trying to catch up on something they didn't and apparently couldn't understand was very frustrating. He looked at the growing crack and made up his mind.
" Sitting here and trying to figure out how we are going to stop something we can't understand isn't helping. I am a Taur of action, not reaction. Maybe whatever is causing the earth to shake is down below us, and maybe getting down there we can find a way to stop it. I don't believe this is the end of the Wold. Someone, other clerics at least would have known, not just this doom sayer. So if it isn't the end, then there has to be a way to put a stop to it. I'm going looking for one."
Sigvar motions the people towards the Citadel. This would be a superior ploy to get attackers in, but these folk just look scared, not armed. Once they are headed towards the Citadel's protection, he starts moving towards the crack, and then along it until it opens enough for him to see into it. Whatever he sees he tries to interpret with the skills he knows something about.
Perception 15
Knowledge planes 12
Knowledge religion 23
Profession soldier 5

OOC
Seems like I am getting the ones out of the way now.

Shane P Michael Wittman AC24, T19, FF18 (ucdodge) HP82/82 Me+14(9)13 for TW,F+6, R+14,W+7, CMB+12, CMD+24 
Tuesday November 14th, 2017 4:02:48 PM

being as he can not meaningfully affect what is happening, he concentrates on helping those he can.

Doom! 
Tuesday November 14th, 2017 4:14:36 PM

Anna yells over the howling wind and people struggle to hear her. Since she is having trouble with the ground shaking, she turns into a tiny hawk, flapping her wings hard to direct her flight in the strong winds. She heads over to the buildings and starts yelling at the houses. At the same time, Pru starts yelling to the people to get inside somewhere and away from the road. Nikolai and Trayvin are unsure, but figure the citadel isn’t any worse than anywhere else. Nikolai props the unconscious prophet up on the ground.

Near the crack, Anna spots a few people looking out the windows of the buildings. Two smaller faces appear in the window of the general store, eyes widening at the crack in the road. The crack continues to widen and the people inside just stare in shock at the crack. The crack is now nearly filling the road, and continuing to get wider. The buildings there shake on the edge.

Meanwhile, the fire that seems to have been out have found a way around. A building on the north side of the crossroads very suddenly shows flames licking up the side of the building. This is away from the buildings that were protected by the wall of ice that is now a wall of ice with steam as the embers continue to glow at its base.

At the same time, Sigvar heads over to the edge of the crack, bravely looking into the ground. The ground shakes near the edge, and he stays back a little because he can tell is it continuing to widen. Peering down into the darkness, he can see mostly shadows, but he does spot some of those shadows that appear to be moving. At first he isn’t sure because the size of the moving shadows seems to be too large to make sense: There look to be more than one massive shadow, over 25 feet wide, that appear to be moving around and getting larger, as if those huge shadows are moving towards the surface!

OOC:
Flying requires a fly check, DC 12 to remain steady. Failure means you are blown away in the wind.
Flying combat maneuvers require a DC 15 fly check.
Casting a spell while flying in this wind requires a concentration check, DC 15+spell level
Casting a spell while on the ground requires a concentration check of DC 15 + spell level due to the movement.
Casting a spell with verbal components while on the ground requires an additional percentage check with a 20% chance of spell failure due to the wind noise.
Conversation can only be heard by yelling.


Akir Al'Kaban - AC 21 - Hp 107/90 (Ken E)  d20+17=31 ;
Tuesday November 14th, 2017 5:37:16 PM


Seeing Sigvar teetering on the edge of the chasm, Akir pushes through the storm and winds and hovers over the Paladin.

"Fly spell? Prudence didn't want it.", he shouts. He looks down into the crack. "Might come in handy!"

Knowledge Geography: 31 (Are there any natural signs that imply the earthquake is going to end any time soon?)

Pompous AC 25 CMD 25/20, HP 87/87 
Tuesday November 14th, 2017 7:29:14 PM

Pompous first sees his friend Siggy near of the edge of the crevasse and then Aki Sack hovering near the paladin.

" See anything Siggy!?!?!?" the ranger yells out through the strong winds. Not waiting for an answer, he moves behind the paladin.

" Don't fall! I'm sure I could pull you back out!"



Sigvar Ironhorn (David F) AC 27 (T 12, FF 25) CMD 29 HP 114/114 Character Sheet  d20+14=22 ; d20+15=24 ; d20+9=18 ; d100=68 ;
Tuesday November 14th, 2017 7:51:59 PM

The Minotaur looks up, and shouts to Akir.
" If I fly I will have very little chance of not veering off course in this wind, even if I lose my shield. Got anything else I can use?"
"What do you make of those shadows down there? They are definitely moving and I'm pretty sure they are coming here, especially with us yelling up here. "

Turning back to the other Agents, Sigvar shouts even louder to reach the other Agents.
" CONTACT BELOW! GET THOSE CIVILIANS GONE ASAP! THE TARGETS ARE BIG, REALLY BIG, AND SHADOWY! DO NOT WORRY ABOUT ME PRUDENCE, IF THEY CLUSTER, BURN THEM!"
Sigvar attempts a defensive spell on himself as he moves. He protects himself from fire. He tries to position himself between the shadows and the civilians. Once he is able to get a better look at the shadows, he will try to determine if they are undead and what they are.

Perception 22(24 if they are indeed undead) trying to get a good enough look at them to identify them

Knowledge Religion 24(26 if they really are undead) trying to identify the shadows, especially their damage reduction and defenses, then special attacks, then how best to attract their attention

Concentration check to cast Resist Energy Fire DC 17....rolled 18, so successful, if defensive spells are not messed up that is 8)
Spell failure due to noise 68%....the spell is good ( Higher than the % is always good for me, lower is a fail)

Sigvar's Dashboard
Haste.... should be gone, right?
Resist Energy Fire duration remaining 700/700 rounds
LOH used 2/6


Trayvin AC 30/15 touch Hp 65/86(BrianZ) 
Tuesday November 14th, 2017 8:53:29 PM

He couldn't do much about the Earthquake, but the building that caught fire is something he can help with. Trayvin heads over to the building that caught fire and starts casting create water on the area to try and put it out. While he does so, he yells for anyone inside to get out.

Prudence Gundle  d20+17=29 ; d100=60 ;
Tuesday November 14th, 2017 10:23:51 PM

"Get to the Citadel!" Pru calls to the people. "Get to the Citadel!" She turns to her remaining Fist-mates. "Can somebody carry that unconscious prophet? Or whoever he is? I'm going to go help Trayvin."

She rushes over to where the fire is still being a nuisance. Once there, she attempts to turn herself into a Water Elemental. [Cast Elemental Body I. Concentration check 29; Spell failure 60=success!]

Shane P Michael Wittman AC24, T19, FF18 (ucdodge) HP82/82 Me+14(9)13 for TW,F+6, R+14,W+7, CMB+12, CMD+24 
Wednesday November 15th, 2017 12:45:53 AM

If the crack in the road is going to intersect the building with the people in it Michael runs over opens the door and tells the people to run for the citadel. If it is not he takes a position where he can flank one of the shadow beings that is approaching should it need a good stabbing.

Anna Morphling[Hawk] (Hugh C) -- 29/18/23 HP 66/76 -- CMD 23  d20+8=24 ;
Wednesday November 15th, 2017 1:07:03 AM

Anna-Hawk begins pecking the windows with her beak near the people who are just standing there watching the crack in horror.

"Snap out of it!" She yells at them, "Go out the back!"

(Intimidate: 24)

Beast Shape III - Form of Hawk : 7 min [60 rounds]
Tiny Animal
+4 dex,
-2 str,
+1 natural armor,
+2 AC,
+2 attack,
+8 stealth,
+4 fly
-2 CMB/CMD,
space 2-½ ft
reach 0 ft.
10 foot base speed,
fly 60 feet(avg),
low-light vision,
2 talons+11(1d4+2)
Current Fly Skill bonus is +15



Nikolai (JonathanT) AC 22 Tch 21 Ffted 19 HP 57/78 CMD 27/29(Grapple)  
Wednesday November 15th, 2017 1:14:51 AM

"All right, I'll bring him in," Nikolai hollers over the noise and wind. Picking up the old man again, he follows Pru to whatever part of the Citadel she figures is save.

Akir Al'Kaban - AC 21 - Hp 107/90 (Ken E)  d20+17=29 ; 3d4+1=11 ;
Wednesday November 15th, 2017 11:36:16 AM


Often times, the life of a wizard is about making choices with all the information available. Environment, creature types, political climate, social customs, and potential repercussions are all very important. Sometimes though, you simply shoot glowy things at other things while watching to see what happens.

Akir casts magic missile, targeting the shadow. "I cast magic missile at the darkness!", he shouts.

11 force damage.

Concentration: 29



Doom! 
Wednesday November 15th, 2017 4:39:27 PM

Akir heads over to the crack with Sigvar. He looks down into the crevice and sends a magic missile down into the shadows and he tries to think about the geography and the earthquakes. From what he knows, normal earthquakes do not normally last long at all, usually just a few seconds. This is clearly something other than anything that has happened in the Wold before that anyone has lived to tell about. As he listens and looks, he realizes the earth is starting to slow and it appears the quake will be over soon. Pompous takes up a position behind Sigvar, preparing to pull him back if needed. Michael slips around the other side of the crack, hoping to take up a flanking position for whatever comes out of the hole in the ground.

Trayvin runs over to the burning building and starts attempting to cast water spells (please roll for concentration check and % failure chance with the wind and earthquake). He yells for people to get out while Pru rushes over and turns into a water elemental. He spots someone run out the back and run over towards him, yelling about water. He has a bucket in his hands, but is struggling to keep his feet in the ongoing earthquake.

Anna flies over to the buildings and starts pecking on the windows. The two smaller children are startled and quickly head out the back and into the fields behind the houses there. Nikolai picks up the old prophet again and heads for the main gates of the citadel. There are no guards there at the moment, whoever was on guard has apparently abandoned their post. The streets are mostly clear now, with most of the people fleeing to some unknown parts. There are a couple of agents standing outside the gate near the remains of the bonfire, not sure what they are supposed to be doing.

Sigvar starts yelling directions and checking out the shadows. He protects himself from fire and looks down into the crack. The crack appears to be slowing at the moment in its widening. He suspects the shadows are undead and he racks his brain for undead that can be this large. He’s not heard of anything this massive, but he figures someone could have made zombies out of some giants or something. He thinks for just a moment about a dracolich, but surely there wouldn’t be more than one of those coming out of a hole in the ground. As he continues to watch, the shapes get larger as they approach the surface. Sigvar tries hard to identify them, but with the darkness outside and the lack of light in the pit, he really can’t see any identifying marks. He doesn’t see any flashes of metal, reflections of light in the eyes, or anything other than just darkness and dirt, but he gets the feeling something very large is about to emerge from the crack in the earth from the very bowels of the Wold…

OOC:
Flying requires a fly check, DC 12 to remain steady. Failure means you are blown away in the wind.
Flying combat maneuvers require a DC 15 fly check.
Casting a spell while flying in this wind requires a concentration check, DC 15+spell level
Casting a spell while on the ground requires a concentration check of DC 15 + spell level due to the movement.
Casting a spell with verbal components while on the ground requires an additional percentage check with a 20% chance of spell failure due to the wind noise.
Conversation can only be heard by yelling: anyone separated by a distance of more than 25 feet is almost impossible – if your character is away from the yelling people, you cannot hear them!

Shadowy Thing 1: 11 force damage

Map

Anna Morphling[Aranea] (Hugh C) -- 28/14/25 HP 66/76 -- CMD 22  d20+10=13 ;
Wednesday November 15th, 2017 6:48:22 PM

(Perception: 13)

Anna looks around to see if she sees anyone else is still present in any of the buildings near the cracks if they are she will fly over to their building and give their windows the peck treatment too.

Otherwise If there is no one else around Anna takes the opportunity to try a form she has never used before. Her hawk body becomes misshapen and additional legs sprout from both her hawk wings and her hawk legs.

The tiny hawk is replaced by a medium bloated spider has a hunchbacked body and a gleam of intelligence in its multiple eyes.

"Spider-Anna, Spider-Anna does whatever a Spider-Anna does" She sings as she takes a 5 foot step and scrabbles back towards the pit where Akir, Sigvar and Trayvin wait.

Beast Shape III - Form of Aranea or Hawk conditionally (OOC: See above) 7 min [59 rounds]
Aranea speed is 50 feet with 30 foot climb speed
Hawk AC is 29/18/23 with CMD of 23 a 60 foot fly speed and a 10 base speed

Sigvar Ironhorn (David F) AC 27 (T 12, FF 25) CMD 29 HP 114/114 Character Sheet  d20+9=24 ; d100=24 ; d20+18=35 ; d20+18=37 ; d20+13=22 ; d20+14=19 ; 4d6+34=49 ; 2d6+17=25 ; d8+10=16 ; d20+18=34 ; 2d6+17=22 ;
Wednesday November 15th, 2017 9:19:21 PM

" OK, so I am going to say they are some kind of undead construct, like a zombie made of a really big creature. I am saying that because the thought of multiple dracoliches is too mind numbing to even consider."
If the critter appears to be far enough away that it will not reach the surface this round, Sigvar will attempt to cast Divine Favor.
Concentration check 24
Noise check 24% Made it (I am kinda surprised I have made concentration twice, normally I am terrible at this)

If it appears the critter will get here this round, Sigvar will delay his action and attack it when it arrives, using Power Attack.
Attack 1 Hits AC 32 (Critical Threat confirms to AC 34) for 43 damage
Attack 2 Hits AC 19 for 22 damage
Horn Gore Hits AC 16 for 13 damage
Attack of Opportunity if needed hits AC 31 for 19 damage
(Sorry, added the divine favor into the rolls, had to manually remove it)

Sigvar's Dashboard
Resist Energy Fire duration remaining 699/700 rounds remaining
Divine Favor (maybe) 10/10 rounds remaining
LOH used 2/6

Nikolai (JonathanT) AC 22 Tch 21 Ffted 19 HP 57/78 CMD 27/29(Grapple)  
Wednesday November 15th, 2017 9:43:55 PM

NIkolai looks for Commander Palance to hand over the unconscious old doom-sayer, then regroups with his friends, or the closest ones at least.

Trayvin AC 30/15 touch Hp 65/86(BrianZ)  d20+10=25 ; d100=28 ;
Wednesday November 15th, 2017 10:07:18 PM

concentration check to cast create water = 25
% to cast spell through the noise = 28

Trayvin tries to assist the homeowner with a well timed dousing of water. He hopes it will be enough. He sees Pru and nods, hopefully they can save these people.

Water Elemental Pru [AC 21; HP 74/74] 
Wednesday November 15th, 2017 10:31:57 PM

Pru would like to use her Water Elemental drench ability to "put out nonmagical flames of Large size or smaller."

If she is successful, she would like to flow over to where the fire ashes are still blowing around. If she is not successful, she will stay where she is and try again.

Akir Al'Kaban - AC 21 - Hp 107/90 (Ken E)  d100=80 ; d20+17=28 ; d20+9=24 ; d4=2 ; d4=2 ; d4=4 ; d4=1 ; d4=1 ; d4=2 ;
Thursday November 16th, 2017 12:45:05 AM

Akir gains a little more height, putting him about 20ft in the air. The winds are a pain, but he can manage without much difficulty.

He steels himself against the wind and the darkness once more, and focuses on another spell. He adds another item to his list of needed magics.

"Telepathic communication.", he mutters. If this turned into a fight, the other Agents would be far more useful here than putting out flames or helping people keep their feet. But for now, in the present, it was he and Sigvar.

His spell complete, Akir swings his scythe in a wide arc, and a glowing green blob of acid flies from it, at the creature he hit below.

Hit Touch AC 24 for 4 acid damage this round, lasts 2 more rounds. 5 damage next round. 3 the round after that.



Shane P Michael Wittman AC24, T19, FF18 (ucdodge) HP82/82 Me+14(9)13 for TW,F+6, R+14,W+7, CMB+12, CMD+24  d20+19=39 ; d20+14=17 ; d20+14=29 ; d4+1=5 ; 5d6=13 ; d4+1=5 ; d4+1=2 ; 5d6=21 ;
Thursday November 16th, 2017 1:24:39 AM

It's not like Michael hasn't seen Stranger Things than this, but this has to be one of the top 10. If he has the creature flanked and can, he step up to it and starts probing for weakness. If he has to he will jump on it's back and start using his blades for pitons.

Acrobatics (if needed) 39 natural 20

To hit AC 17 for 5 plus 13 for flank
To hit AC 29 for 2 plus 21 for flank.
+5 pts bleed damage starting it's round.



Doom!  d20+34=37 ;
Thursday November 16th, 2017 2:00:08 PM

Trayvin and Pru work together and are able to quickly and easily extinguish the flames of the spreading fire. The homeowner grasps Trayvin close and hugs him, yelling his thanks in Trayvin’s ear to be heard over the wind. Elemental-Pru quickly turns and heads for the other ashes, preparing to put them out as well. Those ashes are still glowing red in the strong winds at this point, as they are in a slight depression and haven’t all been spread around the town yet.

Hawk-Anna heads down to check out another building and pecks on the windows. An old man waves her away, but when she continues to peck, he slowly heads out the back door, away from the shaking ground and opening crevice. Then she turns into a bloated spider and moves towards the crack and the others.

Nikolai looks for commander Palence, but does not spot her right away. He wants to get back to his friends, so he leaves the slumped old man with the other fist members he spots near the entrance to the citadel. He turns in time to spot the happenings with Sigvar and the others:

Sigvar makes the determination that the things he cannot see in the pit are zombies. He stares down into the darkness of the crevice and prepares to attack whatever comes out of the ground. Akir flies a little higher and drops some acid into the crack. Very suddenly it looks like the very ground is exploding out of the crack and around him! He slashes out with his sword and his horns as the ground rises and his sword slams into stone and rock. He briefly wonders if his sword is damaged from the dirt and pebbles it slams into, but his is distracted as the massive dirt slams directly into him! It almost looks like a volcanic eruption of dirt and ground and Sigvar is looking into the crack one minute, then is slammed against the wall of the citadel the next (bull rushed). Akir is pushed back slightly in the air, as the pile of animated dirt is over 30 feet tall. Pompous finds himself standing next to the massive pile of dirt and rock as well. Sigvar shakes his head in a daze as he tries to take in the massive size of this huge pile of dirt that seems to almost be looking at him. Large piles of rock and dirt seem to form arms out the sides of the creature as its massive bulk easily straddles the crack in the ground. Michael easily jumps onto the large pile of dirt and looks for a weak spot. From his vantage point, it all just looks like dirt and rock to him (no sneak attacks). He stabs his dagger into the creature and he feels like he is stabbing the ground. The earth continues to shake as a second pile appears down the crack from the first, right next to Anna.

OOC:
Flying requires a fly check, DC 12 to remain steady. Failure means you are blown away in the wind.
Flying combat maneuvers require a DC 15 fly check.
Casting a spell while flying in this wind requires a concentration check, DC 15+spell level
Casting a spell while on the ground requires a concentration check of DC 15 + spell level due to the movement.
Casting a spell with verbal components while on the ground requires an additional percentage check with a 20% chance of spell failure due to the wind noise.
Conversation can only be heard by yelling: anyone separated by a distance of more than 25 feet is almost impossible – if your character is away from the yelling people, you cannot hear them!

Rocky Things : AC 23, Damage Resistance, no flanking, no critical hits, no sneak attacks

Map



Pompous AC 25 CMD 25/20, HP 87/87  d20+17=36 ; d20+17=30 ; d8+5=10 ; d8+5=13 ; d8+5=8 ; d6=1 ; d8+5=6 ; d6=5 ; d20+12=16 ;
Thursday November 16th, 2017 6:09:44 PM

" ALL RIGHT THEN! LET'S ROCK THIS THANG!!!!"

Pompous fires three arrows point blank into the creature.

---------------------------------------------
Using- manyshot, point blank shot, attack focus, favored enemy undead (+4 bonuses)

Attack 1 AC 36 (40 if undead ) Critical threat hits AC 30 (34) (confirmed) Two arrows +1
Arrow 1 does 32 damage (46 if creature is an undead) and 1 electric damage
Arrow 2 does 6 (10 if undead) and 5 electrical damage.

Attack 2 AC 16 or 20 if undead. Miss



Sigvar Ironhorn (David F) AC 23 (T 12, FF 21) CMD 29 HP 114/114 Character Sheet  d20+13=28 ; d20+8=19 ; d20+9=23 ; 2d6+17=25 ; d8+5=6 ; d20+8=25 ;
Thursday November 16th, 2017 6:46:39 PM

OoC
A couple of things I forgot to mention
Sigvar is large, but that is figured into his CMD so the bull rush would not be affected. He does take up a large creatures space on the map though.
Sigvar's weapon attacks are adamantite and magic. Hopefully one or both of those pierce that DR.
Did Sigvar take damage? If so how much.
No flanking? There goes all those sweet Outflank bonuses.

IC
Shaken but not incapacitated, Sigvar shouts to Akir,
" OK, so maybe they are not undead. I felt resistance to my attacks Akir, You know stuff, how do I hurt it?"
Knowledge Planes 25, just in case that will tell Sigvar how to damage it
Sigvar was hit hard, and it looked as if there was almost no effort expended at all by the creature to do so. Defense was useless, damage was what was going to carry the day here. The paladin drops his shield and holds his family weapon in both hands.
Undaunted, Sigvar tries to hold the monster's attention, hoping to allow Pompous to fall back far enough to fire his bow, though with the creature being as dense as it is, he isn't sure that will hurt it.

Two handed attacks, with Power Attack
Sword 1 hits AC 28 for 25 damage (Magic and Adamantine)
Sword 2 misses
Horn Gore Hits AC 23 for 6 damage

Sigvar's Dashboard
Resist Energy Fire duration remaining 698/700 rounds remaining
LOH used 2/6

Sigvar Ironhorn (David F) AC 23 (T 12, FF 21) CMD 29 HP 114/114 Character Sheet 
Thursday November 16th, 2017 6:49:03 PM

OOC
Sigvar did not add favored enemy undead to this round of attacks since they seemed more like elementals. If they ARE undead, each attack gains +2 to hit and damage. Sword 2 still misses.

Shane P Michael Wittman AC24, T19, FF18 (ucdodge) HP82/82 Me+14(9)13 for TW,F+6, R+14,W+7, CMB+12, CMD+24  d20+19=35 ; d20+14=18 ; d20+17=20 ; d20+9=29 ;
Thursday November 16th, 2017 8:18:55 PM

Well that was craptacular, Wonder if this is a golem.? Michael says to himself. he sheathes his blades. They are useless. so reaches into his Haversack right pocket He pulls out his climbing kid and quickly puts the harness on. He then begins to pound pitons into the thing and attaches himself. Thus secured he takes out an Acid flask and pours in on the beast. making sure to pour it in a place where it cannot roll back on him or his climbing gear. He suspects it may be a clay golem. if it is the acid should bolster it instead of eating into it, he will know for sure.

Acrobatics 35
Slight of hand 18
Perception 20
Knowledge Dungoneering 29.



Trayvin AC 30/15 touch Hp 65/86(BrianZ) 
Thursday November 16th, 2017 9:29:30 PM

Trayvin gives the man a thumbs up and indicates he should get himself and any others nearby to the safety of the Citadel. "Good work Pru, I think it is under control."

"I hope it's almost over, hopefully the damage isn't too bad."

Water Elemental Pru [AC 21; HP 74/74] 
Thursday November 16th, 2017 10:21:31 PM

Pru continues flowing southeast, to about T-12. She then attempts to us drench to put out the small fire at the base of the wall of ice (marked "F" on the map). She is careful to stay away from the wall of ice itself. She's not sure what it will do to a water elemental, and she's not especially keen to find out.

Anna Morphling[Aranea] (Hugh C) -- 28/14/25 HP 66/76 -- CMD 22 
Thursday November 16th, 2017 11:40:33 PM

Anna realizes the form she has chosen is woefully inadequate for the foe she is facing. She was expecting the pit things to be large and to be able to use her webs against them but they are much too big to be so ensnared.

Anna takes a full round withdrawl action moving back between the 2 buildings and around the field to X 36. She should have room to turn into something more appropriate soon.

Nikolai (JonathanT) AC 22 Tch 21 Ffted 19 HP 57/78 CMD 27/29(Grapple)   d20+5=23 ; d20+13=17 ;
Friday November 17th, 2017 12:00:11 AM

Nikolai doesn't really know what's going on since the noise of the wind drowns out anything but shouting and he's been inside the Citadel. However it does look like some rock elemental as emerged from the crack in the earth. He searches his knowledge of elementals.

Knowledge Nature +5 = 23
DC = 10 + Monster CR (common monsters)
remember a bit of useful information, for ever 5 pts above DC, recall another useful piece of info.

With that info, he tries to distract the creature as Michael tries to climb it.

Move to L23 pulling out Kama +2
Aid Another (distraction) Michael +13 vs AC10 = 17
Michael gets a +2 to AC

Akir Al'Kaban - AC 21 - Hp 107/90 (Ken E)  d4+1=2 ; d4+1=5 ; d4+1=5 ; d20+11=29 ;
Friday November 17th, 2017 1:35:00 PM


5 Acid Damage from Acid Arrow.

Putting a bit more distance, Akir moves back 15 feet and considers his options. Damage was needed, it was true. He uses his meta magic rod of empowerment, and lets loose another small barrage of force missiles.

Concentration: success

Empowered Magic Missile for 17 damage.

Doom!  d20+27=42 ; 2d10+12=22 ; 2d10+12=19 ; d20+27=43 ;
Friday November 17th, 2017 5:44:54 PM

Trayvin and Pru work together and quickly put out another of the fires before they spread to the surrounding buildings. The wind still howls and embers still glow and further down the streets, they can see a couple people huddling around, moving slowly, and trying to get inside the buildings. More debris blows up and down the streets, sometimes twisting around in small whirls of air.

Pompous is the first to react to the creature, yelling at the monster, glad to have a clear foe. He quickly fires three arrows at the creature. The first arrow sinks into the dirt of the massive beast. The small electrical charge flashes along the surface of the rocks. The second arrow flies true, but hits a small rock at the surface of the creature and is deflected away. The third arrow amazingly somehow misses the massive pile of dirt completely! As he lets the last arrow fly, the creature swings out a blob of dirt that absolutely slams into Pompous, bouncing him off the wall behind him (22 damage).

Sigvar shakes himself off and yells to Akir. He tries to think about this thing in relation to the planes, and he has a suspicion that this thing actually might possibly be from one of the elemental planes. He does expect that it is going to take a lot of damage to hurt this thing – after all, it is made of rock and dirt. He slams hard with his sword, and he feels the blade chop through chunks of dirt and rock. He makes contact with something underneath, as if he was able to strike at the core of the creature. As the sword flies thorough, the dirt moves to fill the opening left by the sword (some damage, some DR). He twists his head and the horn slices through the edges of the dirt, raising a cloud of dust that is quickly lost in the swirling, howling winds.

Akir flies backwards, away from the monstrosity, and above the wall of the citadel. He still has quite a clear sight of the nearly thirty-foot tall pile of rock and easily targets it with more powerful missiles. At the same time, Nikolai looks over and spots the giant things. He thinks about what he knows and realizes that this is indeed likely an earth elemental, but one that is much larger than he has heard about before – this is not simply conjured earth elemental. He bravely approaches, yelling at the creature in the wind, and he spots two large green gems that are apparently the eyes of the creature watching him approach. As he watches another massive blob of earth and rock slam into him (19 damage), he remembers that because these creatures (elementals) are made of the ground it can indeed be very difficult to damage them, with no known way to overcome that ability (he knows they have damage resistance to just about every type of weapon and magic).

Michael bounces around on the back of the creature and decides to stay put. He easily slams the pitons into place and starts strapping himself onto the monster. The dirt pile doesn’t seem to notice him at all. He manages to get out a flask of acid and pours it to the side, hoping the wind will not turn and burn him. He watches as the acid flows into the “ground” of the monster, sizzling as it goes. He can tell based on what he has seen and knows that this is indeed not clay at all, but instead is more like a massive pile of rock and dirt that is alive. Meanwhile, Anna quickly scurries away on all 8 legs and heads to the open space behind the buildings and fields.

The second creature stands up to its full height, over thirty feet tall. It looks around with two large red gem eyes. It looks at the citadel wall, then over at the wooden building. It starts to move towards the building nearest to it...

OOC:
Adjusted Sigvar on the map. Sigvar did not take damage from the bull rush, he was just shoved back from the force of the creature. Sorry, not undead, no flanking, and adamantine and magic won’t overcome the DR!

Flying requires a fly check, DC 12 to remain steady. Failure means you are blown away in the wind.
Flying combat maneuvers require a DC 15 fly check.
Casting a spell while flying in this wind requires a concentration check, DC 15+spell level
Casting a spell while on the ground requires a concentration check of DC 15 + spell level due to the movement.
Casting a spell with verbal components while on the ground requires an additional percentage check with a 20% chance of spell failure due to the wind noise.
Conversation can only be heard by yelling: anyone separated by a distance of more than 25 feet is almost impossible – if your character is away from the yelling people, you cannot hear them!

Rocky Things : AC 23, Damage Reduction, no flanking, no critical hits, no sneak attacks, not undead (sorry!)

Map

Sigvar Ironhorn (David F) AC 23 (T 12, FF 21) CMD 29 HP 114/114 Character Sheet 
Friday November 17th, 2017 6:53:22 PM

Sigvar calls out in his native Minotaur, shouting to be heard above the wind.
" Lord Gargul, your servant requires your aid! Send me my mother's spirit to enhance my blade! Your vision guides my hand, let her will strengthen my blade!"
As soon as he finishes these words his blade begins to glow with an angry reddish, golden light. No longer shouting, Sigvar seems to converse with his blade and it bursts into flame. ( Adding +1 enhancement and flaming to his sword) Not content with this, the paladin heroically launches into a prayer over his now flaming blade, granting himself Gargul's Divine Favor. (rolled for it a few rounds ago, do I need to reroll the concentration checks?) Prepared now he squares off against the huge elemental, preparing to begin tearing it apart next round.

Sigvar's Dashboard
Resist Energy Fire duration remaining 697/700 rounds remaining
Divine Bond +1 enhancement and Flaming 90/90 rounds remaining
Divine Favor +3 to hit and damage 10/10 rounds remaining
LOH used 2/6

Akir Al'Kaban - AC 21 - Hp 107/90 (Ken E) 
Friday November 17th, 2017 7:05:45 PM

(Ken: To clarify, the magic spell damage is sticking right? DR never affects spell damage unless its an elemental resistance and not true DR)

Trayvin AC 30/15 touch Hp 65/86(BrianZ)  d20+10=21 ; d100=27 ;
Friday November 17th, 2017 10:51:34 PM

Trayvin knows Pru will finish taking care of the embers of the fire. He looks around to see if there are any other fires starting. Instead, he sees the Agents in battle with something...big. He yells through the wind, "Pru! We've got trouble!"

Actions: Trayvin tries to cast divine power on himself. concentration = 21, spell failure = 27%

Prudence Gundle [AC 21; HP 74/74]  d20+17=21 ; d100=6 ;
Saturday November 18th, 2017 1:26:26 AM

The remaining embers are a problem, but the rock monsters are a bigger problem. Pru dismisses her spell and moves around the building to where she has a clear view of the action. [Move to P-15.]

Making a heroic effort, Pru attempts to cast a spell on the same round she dismissed one! She concentrates well enough, but her verbal components are lost in the wind.

[Spend a Hero Point to try to cast Ray of Enfeeblement. Concentration check 21, success, but fail percentage 6=fail. Pru loses the spell.]

Nikolai (JonathanT) AC 26 Tch 21 Ffted 19 HP 59/78 CMD 27/29(Grapple)   d20+13=20 ; d20+17=25 ;
Sunday November 19th, 2017 9:15:47 PM

OOC: Forgot to update my HP since last battle to include the healing over time...

Nikolai takes the load of dirt just after assessing that these things aren't going to feel any punch he gives. Best he can do is try to distract the creature so his friends can get a better chance to find a kink in the Thing's rocky 'skin'.

Aid Another (distraction) Sigvar +13 vs AC10 = 20

Sigvar gets a +2 on his next attack.

Spend Ki point for +4 dodge bonus to AC

Move: using Acrobatics to move 20' back DC Opponent's CMD = +17 = 25 to avoid AoO

AC vs AoO is 30 (Moblity) this round.

Should end up at L19 I think.

Anna Morphling[Aranea] (Hugh C) -- 28/14/25 HP 66/76 -- CMD 22 
Sunday November 19th, 2017 11:59:19 PM

Anna takes a full round action to change her form once again. (OOC: Checking in will update the post more need to get my 5th in)

Anna Morphling[Behemoth Hippopotamus] (Hugh C) -- 26/10/25 HP 66/76 -- CMD 27 
Monday November 20th, 2017 12:16:25 AM

This time she takes the form of a Behemoth Hippopotamus again. She also heroically boosts her movement range using longstrider and she takes a 5 foot step to W 36.

(OOC: I've given up on the trip I'm just going to focus on hit and run tactics using spring attack and my high 4d8+9 damage)

1 hero point used
Beast Shape III - Form of Behemoth Hippopotamus - 7 min [57 rounds]
+6 Str ,
–4 Dex,
+6 nat armor,
-2 AC,
-2 Attack,
-8 stealth,
-4 fly,
+ 2 CMB/CMD
15 foot space,
15 foot reach,
60 ft base speed,
low-light vision,
bite+11(4d8+9 plus grab),
trample (2d6+9 DC 20)
longstrider: +10 movement speed - 7 hours [4200 rounds]



Pompous AC 25 CMD 25/20, HP 87/87 
Monday November 20th, 2017 6:25:09 AM

Pompous feels nervous standing so close to the rock creature and believes that a hasty tactical withdrawal to a safer location makes sense

Pompous "hustles" past his comrades and heads North past Siggy and Nikko.

ooc> L17 on a "hustle" move.

Doom!  d20+30=35 ; d20+26=27 ; d20+26=44 ; d20+26=34 ; 2d10+12=26 ; 2d10+12=25 ;
Monday November 20th, 2017 1:34:17 PM

Trayvin looks around the area after putting out the fire and disengaging from the very thankful citizen. He spots the trouble with the crack to the south, casts a spell on himself and yells out to Pru. Pru moves over to see what Trayvin is pointing at and starts to react, only to be upset by the movement of the earth and the howling winds.

Nikolai carefully backs away from the massive beast while trying to distract the monster and help Sigvar. He turns and twists and a giant blob of rock and dirt slams into the ground where he had been standing, just missing him! Sigvar yells out to Gargul and prepares himself and his sword for battle while Pompous makes haste away from the wall and the monster. The monster sees Sigvar yelling and two absolutely massive piles of earth and rock smash down into him, momentarily burying him completely in dirt and rock (50 damage). The rocks slide off him and the wind carries away piles of dust from him as he shakes off the massive blow.

Away from the ruckus, Anna changes yet again, this time into a gigantic hippo. She is feeling a bit stretched and thin, as if she is starting to not know what her ¡§normal¡¨ body shape is any more. But feeling like a gigantic hippo feel right, right now. As she looks around, she notices the second pile of rock has moved over to the building nearest and has started to smash the helpless wooden building.

OOC:
Magic does appear to be affecting the pile of rock and dirt. ļ

Flying requires a fly check, DC 12 to remain steady. Failure means you are blown away in the wind.
Flying combat maneuvers require a DC 15 fly check.
Casting a spell while flying in this wind requires a concentration check, DC 15+spell level
Casting a spell while on the ground requires a concentration check of DC 15 + spell level due to the movement.
Casting a spell with verbal components while on the ground requires an additional percentage check with a 20% chance of spell failure due to the wind noise.
Conversation can only be heard by yelling: anyone separated by a distance of more than 25 feet is almost impossible ¡V if your character is away from the yelling people, you cannot hear them!

Rocky Things : AC 23, Damage Reduction, no flanking, no critical hits, no sneak attacks, not undead (sorry!)

Note: Sorry, I¡¦m traveling this week and didn¡¦t bring the map source with me, and I¡¦m on a crappy computer that might explode if I tried to draw a picture with it. Hopefully we¡¦ll be okay without map updates as I think we¡¦ve got an idea of the layout at the moment.


Click here to visit the Woldipedia Agents of the Fist game page.
Copyright © 1980-2017 WoldianGames. All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy - Terms of Service - Site Map - Contact Us - SRD
 
WoldianGames Homepage