Spell: Rose's Temperature Control
Level: Cleric 1, Sor/Wiz 1, Druid 1
Components: V, S, M/DF
Casting time: 1 standard action
Duration: Eight hours plus one hour per level
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: Yes
This spell allows the caster to control her own temperature and that of objects she touches. For the duration of the spell, the caster can create the following effects:
- She can control her own temperature as an Endure Elements spell.
- She can control the temperature of objects and tools as needed for crafting nonmagical items and for creating magic potions, weapons, armor, and rings.
- She gains a +2 circumstance bonus on Profession skill checks that can be aided by the application of heat or coolness, such as Profession (Cook) and Profession (Innkeeper).
- She can freeze up to two gallons (500 cubic inches) of water or similar liquid per level with a touch as a move action that provokes attacks of opportunity. If she touches a puddle (such as one made by a Create Water spell), she can duplicate a Grease spell in one five-foot square. If she does not continue to touch the ice so made, it melts after one round per level.
- She can preserve organic items she carries, such as food, through cold (refrigeration) or warmth (smoking/drying).
- The spell can serve other purposes as allowed by the DM, primarily for role play. Making cool drinks, bluffing a fever, and giving someone the literal cold shoulder are all options.
This spell cannot target unwilling creatures or objects they hold. It cannot cause damage directly. The caster can dismiss the spell at any time before it expires. The material component is a drop of water (for cooling) or a pinch of ash (for heating).
Developed by Loretta and approved by Jerry on 17 Feb 2004; revised by Cayzle on 30 Nov 2011.